Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time Days - 6th Floor Med/Surg - Southwest Medical Center
Company: Integris Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Code: 2028
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care assumes responsibility for
the delivery of patient care in an acute care hospital utilizing
the nursing process, under the supervision of a registered nurse
and the order of a physician. This position requires population
specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as
appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in
any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law,
including protected veteran or disability status.
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care responsibilities include,
but are not limited to, the following:
• Contributes to the assessment / re assessment of patients
• Contributes to the plan of care under the supervisor of a
• Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of
appropriate patient care interventions
• Monitors for signs and symptoms related to abnormal lab values
and deviation from baseline assessments
• Reports changes in patient status to the physician and initiates
any new orders from the physician as directed
• Promotes wellness and provides patient / caregiver education.
• Works with care team to implement and ensure patient quality and
• Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient confidentiality
at all times.
• May be required to float to other units. May be required to
participate in on call status.
Reports to the department director, or assigned clinical
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds
of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or
respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical
Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee
Health for additional information.
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical restraint
of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management Technique
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
INTEGRIS Home Care: Exposed to inclement weather conditions while
driving to and from patient homes. Frequent exposure to extreme
temperature changes, poor environmental aspects such as poor
lighting, poor ventilation, excessive heat/cold, stressful
patient/family situations, unclean environment, pet odors,
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
• Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the
State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse
Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
• LPN experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
• Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30 days
• Current IV Therapy certification upon hire, or completion within
30 days of hire.
• ACLS as required by department.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in English
• Department specific competencies will be completed in the
applicable department during the orientation process
Keywords: Integris Health, Oklahoma City , Licensed Practical Nurse - Full Time Days - 6th Floor Med/Surg - Southwest Medical Center, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!