RIS Specialist II
Company: State of Oklahoma
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Email resumes to:
#21-20 The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the
Regulated Industry Services (RIS) Division for a Specialist II. The
salary is $33,000. This position is open until filled.
Under administrative direction, review, process and regulate all
facets of Cemetery Merchandise Trusts, Charitable Gift Annuities,
Perpetual Care Cemeteries, Prepaid Funeral Benefits, Interlocals,
and any other tasks as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with and be responsible for the work associated with the
following entities: PEOs, Surplus Lines Broker Premium Tax and
Company Annual renewal, VPPs, DMPOs, MEWAs, Purchasing Groups,
TPAs, VSPs, Home Service Contract Provider Registrations, Motor
Service Clubs, Service Warranty Companies, Bail Bond Reporting,
Interlocals, Perpetual Care Cemeteries, PBMs, Prepaid Funeral
Benefits, and other duties as requested.
- Verify financial requirements have been met for statements,
- Assist financial and/or exam team with funeral home questions
- Review/process required filings for compliance.
- Maintain current records through electronic files, mail, and
- Provide assistance with questions through email and phone calls
regarding entities and requirements.
- Maintain the entities compliance with statutes by initiating
communications to obtain required information.
- Maintain forms on the Department's website and filing
- Identify concerns, recommend resolutions and forward to legal,
financial, or supervisor.
- Make recommendations for legislation changes or rules
concerning the regulation of the industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience with computer applications and Microsoft Office
- Ability to review/audit reports and interpret statutes and
rules as well as financial information contained in reports;
- Effective time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to adapt and implement changes with minimal
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with
- Possess ability to make routine business decisions, while
paying close attention to detail;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience, with
at least 4 years of similarly related industry experience.
Individual may be required to pursue NAIC designations as job
Upon hire, any applicant who is licensed as a producer/agent,
adjuster or is otherwise affiliated with any entity that is
regulated by the department must surrender their license and
terminate any financial or non-financial affiliation with the
entity that is regulated by the department. The selected applicant
must pass a background check. Individual may be required to pursue
NAIC designations as job duties require.
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified
employees of the state. To see a complete list of benefits offered
by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state click on the
following link. http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment
in the Classified Service.
Keywords: State of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City , RIS Specialist II, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!