Platform Architect- Remote
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What you will do
He/she will work within a team on Johnson Controls'
configuration software platform, Selection Navigator, and will be
responsible for additional applications and utilities required to
support the suite of software.
You will evaluate, select and apply standard engineering and
technology principles and techniques to business problems. You will
also support projects that have a medium-to-high impact on the
business ensuring that results meet established needs, goals and
How you will do it
- Collaborate with other teams to determine functional and
non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for
functions and user interface of desired product.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to
system integration and feasibility.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology
and workflow to coding standards.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security,
modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Provide Level 3 end-user support for Selection Navigator.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related
field of study.
- Minimum 8+ years' as a software architect with strong technical
- Experience in software development and coding in various
languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.).
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and
- Knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with large data collections in databases and
- Ability to assimilate and implement new and emerging
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant
- Experience with Johnson Controls' selection tools and/or
- Experience with existing Johnson Controls infrastructure and
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified
individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you
are an individual with a disability and you require an
accommodation during the application process, please visit
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Oklahoma City , Platform Architect- Remote, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!