Community Social Services Specialist
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Job ID: FIW-1042567
POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE OKLAHOMA CITY OFFICE OR THE TULSA
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with a
team of health professionals to provide members with opportunities
to stabilize and improve their health and serves as a bridge
between the community and the system of health and social services.
This position is responsible for responding to requests for
information, providing basic information regarding social,
community and home based services available for members with
complex, long term, or special care needs, referring to community
agencies, reviewing need assessment information, and partnering
with agencies in the community. Responsible to escalate and report
member decline in physical or mental health as soon as detected to
the appropriate team members.
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) with current, active,
unrestricted license in the state of Oklahoma (or reciprocity if
- 2 years clinical experience.
- Experience engaging and working collaboratively with others,
including members, patient families, clinical team members and
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to work
- Experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and
- Demonstrated ability to openly address and acknowledge issues
of substance use and mental illness
- Cultural knowledge and sensitivity to the population being
- PC and database experience.
- Knowledge of psychiatric and substance abuse issues.
- Interpersonal, analytical, presentation and communication
- Knowledge of the health care industry
- Ability and willingness to travel within assigned areas of
responsibility, including overnight stays.
- Possess transportation and current, valid driver's license for
- Knowledge of local community resources in assigned area
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bilingual Spanish language skills
- Experience working with Native American Population
- Communication skills
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this
Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
HCSC is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing
equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and
applicants. We are an Equal Opportunity Employment / Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug-free
and smoke-free workplace. Drug screening and background
investigation are required, as allowed by law. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Expertise Nursing, Behavioral Health Job Type Full-Time Regular
Location OK - Tulsa, OK - Oklahoma City
Keywords: HCSC, Oklahoma City , Community Social Services Specialist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!