Senior Application Engineer, Custom AHUs remote position
Company: Johnson Controls, Inc.
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
What you will do
- This is a remote position considering qualified candidates who
are eligible to work and located within the Unites States.
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people
live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to
improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that
matter most. Dedicated to protecting the environment, we deliver
our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data
centers, and manufacturing.
Miller-Picking and YORK Custom Air Handling Units, by Johnson
Controls, provide design flexibility that balances performance and
economy without compromising quality. With a full line of standard,
semi-custom and custom products to choose from, we have a system
perfectly aligned to any building's needs and budget.
As a Senior Application Engineer within our development team you
will be a recognized domain specialist and authority. You will
perform a full range of field commercial and technical support
functions including assignments requiring special
This role is a mentor and difference maker within our Air
Handling team! Apply today to help us transform buildings
How you will do it
- Provide technical application support to the field sales
organization with minimal direction.
- Capture competitive intelligence and industry information on an
- Perform detailed review of project specifications, schedule,
and design drawings.
- Build accurate AutoCAD drawings of customized AHU
configurations that reflect customer design intent.
- Ensure the design and layout of the AHU will function as
- Build the final Bill of Material (BOM) for release to
purchasing / manufacturing for processing.
- Analyze product requirements and develop alternative innovative
designs. Use sophisticated problem-solving techniques requiring
regular use of resourcefulness and creativity.
- Conduct application training and project management.
- Provide technical direction specific work assignments.
- Support Customer Visits (factory tours).
- Assist Airside Technical Service with field application
- Work with marketing to develop internal software requirements
and participate in testing of software tools.
- Review and analyze engineering rules and documents.
- Recommend cost savings and value engineering alternatives.
- Conduct feasibility studies and systems analysis for new
- Be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating the
release of documentation.
What we look for
- BS degree in Engineering (ABET accredited) or related
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in HVAC design or related
- Proficient digital literacy.
- Highly organized and able to optimally lead multiple
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status,
status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other
characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view
EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you
require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Inc., Oklahoma City , Senior Application Engineer, Custom AHUs remote position, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!