Special Education Teacher (RISE) - 2021/2022
Company: Yukon Public Schools
Posted on: June 9, 2021
TITLE: SPECIAL EDUCATION RESOURCE TEACHER
- LEAP: (Learners Excelling And Progressing) Lab/Resource setting
with collaboration, monitor, co-teach and direct instruction
- RISE: (Reaching Independence through Structured Education)
Functional skills and modified curriculum classroom for students
with mild/moderate disabilities.
- LIFE: (Learning In a Functional Environment) Functional skills
and modified curriculum classroom for students with severe/profound
- ABLE: (Academic and Behavioral Learning Environment) Classroom
for students with emotional and behavioral concerns.
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by state certification authorities and/or
North Central Association
REPORTS TO: Principal and/or Assistant Principal
JOB GOAL: To facilitate the appropriate academic, social, and
emotional growth of students identified as Disabled under P.L.
- Meets and instructs assigned class in the location and at the
- Prepares for class assigned and shows written evidence of
preparation upon request of the administration.
- Participates in evaluative process for Special Education
placement when called upon to do so.
- Participates in Eligibility, Placement, and IEP team meetings
when called upon to do so.
- Maintains a "work" folder for each student when appropriate;
can document students' progress or lack of progress.
- Provides appropriate educational program for students.
- Cooperates with regular classroom teachers and other staff
members in planning instructional goals, objectives, and methods to
be used with students in Special Education.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional
media consistent with the physical limitations of the location
provided, materials available, and needs and capabilities of the
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students,
equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Attends and participates in faculty meetings.
- Assists in the selection, and inventory of books, equipment,
and other instructional materials.
- Completes reports and other school related paperwork as
required, at or before the time requested.
- Accepts the responsibility and arrives punctually for
activities and duties as assigned.
- Works to establish and maintain open lines of communication
with students and their parents concerning both the academic and
behavioral progress of assigned students.
- Provides for his/her own professional growth through an ongoing
program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or
advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Creates an effective classroom environment that is conducive to
learning and appropriate to the developmental level and interests
of students within the limits of the resources of the
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of the IEP
goals and, in harmony with these goals, establishes clear
objectives and communicates these objectives to students.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or
rules governing student life and conduct; and for the classroom,
develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and
maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Maintains appropriate emotional stability, physical health,
personal appearance, and personality.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually
in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation
of Professional Personnel.
Keywords: Yukon Public Schools, Oklahoma City , Special Education Teacher (RISE) - 2021/2022, Other , Yukon, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!