Operator, Machine- 2nd Shift - Oklahoma City - 73137
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE:
FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a
diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses.
With a proven track record of innovation and operational
excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to
optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and
drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the
world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading
solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve
cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000
employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse
space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and
processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go
- A strong FedEx brand consistently
ranked among the worlds most admired and trusted
- A top notch leadership team with
the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and
- A strong compensation and benefits
package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match
and much more!
The Operator, Machine will lead one or more packaging
machines in the grade two classification. The candidate directs the
production work team to meet work center goals in safety, quality,
and productivity in an effective manner. The incumbent possesses
basic mechanical and electrical abilities to make minor repairs or
perform preventative maintenance activities on the
This position will be responsible for..
- Set up and operate assigned machine
- Performs basic mechanical and
electrical troubleshooting of machine and makes minor
- Follow production schedule as
stated from planning or directed by shift coach.
- Support safety, housekeeping, 5S,
and preventative maintenance initiatives as required.
- Follow established standard
operating procedures (SOP).
- Execute corrective and preventative
work orders as assigned or as date and priority dictate and skill
- Participate in ordering and
maintaining machine part inventories and supplies as defined by the
- Instruct new team members of basic
safety, quality and productivity standards at the work
- Update production metric boards
accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete required work center
- Ensure that the assigned machine is
working in a safe and proper manner, and use proper safety
- Reports on all safety initiatives
to the Supervisor.
- Confirm component accuracy with the
Bill of Material.
- Conduct a visual inspection of raw
material while running to look for defects.
- Pack finished product correctly in
respect to quantity and product orientation.
- Ensure that finished good item is
- Calculate standard production
requirements from the work order.
- Communicate with Coach when
production goals are not met to define and eliminate
You might be a great fit if.
- High school diploma or GED and 4
years of relevant experience.
- Must have sufficient maintenance
and electrical experience to be able to qualify in all skill
- Complete any manufacturing formal
training specific to assigned work centers.
- Excellent written and verbal
- Customer service
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and
- Ability to read, write and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply
- Ability to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to
10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl,
squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e.,
close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability
to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less
than 50 pounds.
ADA FedEx Supply
Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations
are available for qualified individuals with disabilities
throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally
Job ID: 35386
Keywords: fedexsupplychain, Oklahoma City , Operator, Machine- 2nd Shift - Oklahoma City - 73137, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!