Company: R1 Revenue Cycle Management
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle
management services which transform and solve challenges across
health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in
Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees
throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue,
so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our
priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's
and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we
complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly
driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash
flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient
The Java Software Engineer will be responsible for bringing
technical skills to the development and support of R1 software
solutions. This person will design, implement, and maintain
software for both new and existing R1 applications.
In this role, the successful candidate will be a passionately
engaged software engineer who is dedicated to building performant,
enterprise-grade applications using a disciplined approach to
software development and testing. The candidate will continue to
maintain an overall curiosity about new software techniques and
technology applying them to new and old problems.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated the ability to
develop one or more robust, full lifecycle, enterprise grade
software applications, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Creates technical documentation tailored to the desired
audiences: user stories, software requirements and technical design
- Designs, implements, and tests new features and change requests
based on requirements and technical design specifications,
following best practices, with minimal oversight.
- Triages, debugs, troubleshoots, and fixes software issues, at
times requiring after hours on-call support.
- Participates in design and code reviews.
- Continuously updates knowledge of new technologies, techniques,
and software products.
- Roles at this level typically require a Bachelor's Degree. In
lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and
experience (including military service) may be considered.
- 3+ years' experience as a full-time software engineer, applying
SOLID development principles and software design patterns.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java.
- Strong time management and organizational skills that can be
used to effectively prioritize and channel effort into maximizing
business outcomes in a rapidly changing environment
- Must be a self starter and have the ability to work in a fast
paced environment with a strong desire and aptitude to complete
tasks on time and with a high degree of quality.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with excellent
verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team and across
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience contributing to SDLC on an Agile engineering team
leveraging one or more of Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Aglie
- Comfortable at the command line in Linux & Windows
- Proficient with source control management and collaboration
tools: Git, Subversion, CVS, Jira
- Proficient with Perl
- Proficient with one or more of Postgres SQL, MySQL, Oracle, or
MS SQL Server
- Proficient interfacing with & building REST based web
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared
expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team
has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions,
collaboration and the freedom to explore professional
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute,
to innovative and create meaningful work that makes an impact in
the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture
of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient
care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a
competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit: r1rcm.com.
Keywords: R1 Revenue Cycle Management, Oklahoma City , Software Engineer, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!