Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coder
Company: Harris Computer Systems
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 9, 2021
IMD is seeking a Medical Coder to join our team!
As the Medical Coder you will code medical records using ICD-10
CM and CPT-4 coding conventions. As well as review medical record
to ensure specificity of diagnosis, procedures, and
appropriate/optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional
charges and abstracts information from medical records following
established methods and procedures.
What your impact will be:
- Reviews medical record documentation and accurately codes the
primary and secondary diagnoses and procedures using ICD-9-CM and
CPT-4 coding conventions.
- Sequences diagnosis and procedures using coding
- Verifies DRG assignment as accurate.
- Abstracts and compiles data from medical records for
appropriate optimal reimbursement for hospital and/or professional
- Confers with Lead Coder for coding questions concerning medical
diagnosis and procedures.
- Ensures quality, accuracy, and completeness of work through
- Works with billers to resolve discrepancies on denied
- Maintains a thorough understanding of anatomy, medical
terminology and procedures by reading trade journals and
participating in continuing education programs.
- Position can be remote, but requires some attendance in the IMD
- Maintains and protects confidentiality in all aspects of
patient health information, proprietary information, and employee
- Manages customer/client interactions in a professional manner;
responds promptly to requests for service and assistance, and meets
- Demonstrates the spirit of the philosophy, mission, and values
of IMD through words and actions, and implements them into
department processes, programs, and the working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Requires at least six(6) months experience in abstracting and
coding information from patient records using ICD-10-CM and CPT-4
coding systems, and DRG reimbursements.
- High school diploma or GED; completed courses in medical
terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Professional
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and medical billing
and coding systems
- Ability to work effectively and relate well to patients,
clients, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to
individuals inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated
ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands, and to
seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- A casual work environment
- Full range of employee benefits 401(k), Health Insurance
(medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability,
- Paid Vacation
The goal of Harris Affinity is to maximize the financial
potential for healthcare providers. We accomplish this by bringing
together the expertise and experience of 4 companies with deep
roots in healthcare, including the QuadraMed revenue cycle
management software, Decision Support software from
MedAssets/Vizient, ERP software from Ormed, and outsourced revenue
cycle management solutions and administrative services from IMD
(Integrated Medical Delivery).
This role may come into contact with Protected Health
Information, Personal Identifiable Information or Privacy Records,
and it is essential that all employees adhere to confidentiality
requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Harris'
Security and Privacy policies, as well as apply the concepts
learned in the annual Security Awareness training.
Keywords: Harris Computer Systems, Oklahoma City , Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coder, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!