Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:Looking
for an opportunity where patients come first, and you are valued as
a team member? We have opportunities for you! We have Full-Time,
Part Time and PRN positions available on various shifts. You will
be a vital member of the care team for our patients, assessing and
evaluating their condition, while providing compassion and comfort.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you.Job Summary:Participates in training
nurse residency program to provide professional nursing care to
patients, which includes assessing, planning, implementing,
coordinating, delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to other
members of the care team in accordance with professional nursing
standards. Works in urban or rural areas according to distribution
of staff and patients. Responsible for the delivery of age
appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of
medical surgical conditions.Job Responsibilities and
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care in home care
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation, including but not
limited to the processing of physician orders, in accordance with
policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing
care given by team members based on patient needs and professional
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care. Identifies
need to change plan(s) of care, contacts physician and facilitates
the process using care pathways, when appropriate. Contacts the
patient's physician regarding changes to patient's plan(s) of
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every
visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to
discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of care.
Performs ongoing chart review on case load with attention to
accurateness, recertifications, verbal orders for changes in Plan
of Care; ensures every visit performed is within assigned
frequency; ensures that overall documentation supports coverage of
service as defined by regulation or payor. Reports to supervisor
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient care
management to patients assigned, ongoing patient chart/record
review with attention to completeness and accuracy of plan of care,
comprehensive assessment, start of care, resumption's and
recertification's, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care.
- Completes documentation timely and accurately with prompt
response to supervisors, preceptor or others request for
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of clinical
documentation programs. Completes competency requirements
- Completes training modules as directed, seeks assistance and
asks questions as needed to learn and understand home health and
hospice regulations, standards and practices;. Identifies when a
patient may be appropriate for recertification and contact
physician for orders. Follow the process for recertification and
creates a new Plan of Care. Completes resumption of care
appropriately and develops updated orders and goals based on
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), FUTURE - Registered Nurse (RN) within 3 months - State of
Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Registered Nurse (RN)
- State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Day Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:10150040 7 ECT - Med/SurgScheduled Weekly
Hours:36SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN Resident, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!