Licensed Practical Nurse Acute - Full Time - Days Mon - Fri -
8:30a to 5:00p
Job Code: 2028
This position will be assisting physicians with procedures along
with functioning as a Endoscopy Tech. On call required
This position may be filled with a Nurse Resident (2323)
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care assumes responsibility
for the delivery of patient care in an acute care hospital
utilizing the nursing process, under the supervision of a
registered nurse and the order of a physician. This position
requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National
Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient
contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Licensed Practical Nurse Acute Care responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Contributes to the assessment / re assessment of patients
* Contributes to the plan of care under the supervisor of a
* Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation
of appropriate patient care interventions
* Monitors for signs and symptoms related to abnormal lab values
and deviation from baseline assessments
* Reports changes in patient status to the physician and
initiates any new orders from the physician as directed
* Promotes wellness and provides patient / caregiver
* Works with care team to implement and ensure patient quality
and safety initiatives.
* Promotes patient satisfaction and ensures patient
confidentiality at all times.
* May be required to float to other units. May be required to
participate in on call status.
Reports to the department director, or assigned clinical
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50
pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force
constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally):
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand
and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the
Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk
Management/Employee Health for additional information.
INTEGRIS Mental Health:
Mental Health staff must be able to assist with physical
restraint of patients, utilizing the identified Behavior Management
Potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
INTEGRIS Home Care: Exposed to inclement weather conditions
while driving to and from patient homes. Frequent exposure to
extreme temperature changes, poor environmental aspects such as
poor lighting, poor ventilation, excessive heat/cold, stressful
patient/family situations, unclean environment, pet odors,
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of
membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state
or federal law, including protected veteran or disability
* Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the
State of Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse
Licensure Compact (eNLC) member state.
* LPN experience in an acute care hospital preferred.
* Current BLS certification upon hire, or completion within 30
days of hire
* Current IV Therapy certification upon hire, or completion
within 30 days of hire.
* ACLS as required by department.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Department specific competencies will be completed in the
applicable department during the orientation process