Acute Advanced Practice Nurse - Transplant Physician -
Job Code: 1859 (ability to under fill with intern 1857)
T he Nazih Zudhi Transplant Institute critical care service has
an exciting opportunity for an Acute Care Nurse Practitio ner.
Our team consists of nurse practitioners who provide the highest
quality care in collaboration with critical care intensivists and
other members of the health care team.
Our service manages a highly complex cohort of patients to
include solid organ transplant (Heart, Lung, Liver, Kidney and
Pancreas), complex cardiac surgical patients requiring Ventricular
Assist Devices or Total Artificial Heart, as well as patients
requiring acute heart/lung rescue with Extracorporeal Membrane
Distinct functions of the position include: direct patient
management, clinical decision making, bedside procedures (including
central venous lines, arterial lines and intubation) and teaching
of patients, family and staff.
Clinical works hours are variable including days, nights,
weekends and holidays with 3 to 4 shifts per week.
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) functions interdependently
with the physician to provide services necessary for health
promotion, prevention of disease and disability and health
maintenance to individuals across the life span. Adheres to
National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of
patient contact this position requires.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of
membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state
or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) responsibilities include, but
are not limited to, the following:
* Assesses the health status, illness conditions, response to
illness, and health risks of patients
* Operationalizes cost effectiveness and efficiency of provided
services by active, on-going review of total cost of care for
* Is aware of and assists staff in awareness and understanding
of Quality Measures and works collaboratively to continually
improve patient outcomes
* Performs emergency procedures necessary to sustain life in any
patient threatened by a life or limb endangering emergency
* Assists in the implementation and evaluation of nursing care
activities through a continuing process of research and
collaboration with various health team disciplines
* Provides patient information regarding self-care instructions,
normal anatomy and physiology, personal hygiene, preventative
* Collaborates with the physician in the assigned practice
setting, attending physicians, nursing and support staff and other
members of the health team
* Maintains timely documentation of the patient history and
physical examination including normal and abnormal findings
* Serves as a preceptor and clinical instructor for advance
practice nursing students in clinical rotations, resident
physicians and other health team members
* Additional specific specialty requirements may be identified
by service line
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) reports to the Director of
Research/EBP/Quality/ Advance practice nursing and/or assigned
Additional reporting may be in place in individual service lines
and/or based on organizational structure. See service line specific
structures for additional information.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3
of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50
pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force
constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally):
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand
and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the
Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk
Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Constant exposure to contaminating, infectious and communicable
diseases including blood borne pathogens. Radiation exposure is
present. Exposure to violence in physical threats and attacks from
emotionally unstable patient or family members.
* Masters degree from an accredited Clinical Nurse Specialist
(CNS) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) Advanced Practice Nursing (APRN)
* Current Oklahoma Advanced Practice Nurse license required
* National Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse (CNS or
* 3 years registered nurse clinical experience in an acute care
* 1 year experience as a CNS or NP preferred
* Current Healthcare provider BLS certification required
* Current ACLS certification if working with adults required in
acute care environments.
* Current PALS certification if working with children required
in acute care environments.
* Current NRP certification if working with neonates
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Must be credentialed and privileged through the INTEGRIS
credentialing process prior to performing advance practice nurse
IBMC ED Only:
* 3 years registered nurse clinical experience in family
practice setting may be substituted for acute care setting
5 50 Care Coordination Only:
* This job requires incumbents to operate an INTEGRIS owned
vehicle OR personal vehicle, (Non-INTEGRIS owned), and therefore
must have a current Oklahoma state drivers license as well as a
driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier.