Case Management Associate
Job Code: 1800
The Case Management Associate educates patients, families, and
staff on the benefits and availability of home health care,
hospice, skill nursing facilities, nursing homes, rehabilitation
services, and home infusion services. Coordinates care in homebound
service areas. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as
appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position
Case Management Only:
Completes the plan for discharge after the Social Worker or RN
Case Manager have assessed and completed recommendations for the
plan of care. Coordinates receipt of appropriate documentation and
arranges transportation to support a smooth transition. Completes
any clerical duties associated with the plan of care including
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The Case Management Associate responsibilities include, but are
not limited to, the following:
* Identifies potential candidates who could benefit from
*Educates the patient/family prior to discharge regarding home
health care, skilled nursing, nursing home, rehab, hospice and home
infusion services that are available.
* Facilitates effective communication regarding the qualifying
criteria for admission to various venues for post -acute hospital
* Documents the referral in the medical record according to
* Serves as a resource to the Physician, Case Manager, Social
Worker and interdisciplinary team regarding post-acute care
* Educates patients on standards of quality for patient
Case Management Only:
* Keeps constant communication between the patient, family, RN
Case Manager and the Social Work Team as to the status of all
pending discharge arrangements.
* Responsible for communication of appropriate medical records
to receiving agency/facility and to the appropriate payer.
For INTEGRIS Decisions Only:
* Completes a comprehensive assessment of patients clinical,
psychological and financial needs utilizing all available
* Recommends and coordinates timely transfers to appropriate
levels of care as indicated by clinical needs and utilization
* Develops, implements, evaluates and revises, as necessary, a
plan for discharge, including referrals to other health care and
community organizations based on needs assessment.
* Assists physicians and hospital staff in appropriate
utilization of resources through application of utilization
criteria and facilitating timely discharge planning for
* Coordinates services between hospital departments to
facilitate timely patient discharge.
* Notifies designated internal and external contacts of
utilization issues that may affect patient care and/or
* Facilitates patient transfers to other health care
organizations in accordance with hospital policies and
all-applicable state and federal guidelines and regulations.
* Provides documentation daily in patients' charts on each group
* Facilitates discharge planning to assist patients in placement
and treatment following discharge.
* Participates in the development of patient plans of care to
address goals of the patient (emotional, physical, spiritual,
environmental) by attending treatment team meetings.
* Completes or facilitates the completion of Emergency Detention
paperwork, as well as ensure its distribution and receipt by
legally designated individuals.
* Provides physician ordered therapy in the areas of individual,
family and marital sessions.
* Develops and facilitates age and developmentally appropriate
patient psychotherapeutic groups, education and recreational groups
to address the emotional, physical and environmental needs of
Mental Health and/or Chemically Dependent patients.
* Is responsible for reviewing and noting physician orders.
* Monitors patients' medications and provide education related
to use and side effects.
* Monitors vital signs as indicated by physician orders or if
deemed medically necessary.
* Assesses patients for appropriateness of admission to the
Reports to assigned manager.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10
pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally):
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand
and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the
Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk
Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment. When working in clinical areas,
potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases,
blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, chemicals. Must follow
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of
membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state
or federal law, including protected veteran or disability
* Bachelors degree in health related field; or Bachelors degree
in business field with 2 additional years of healthcare experience;
or Associate degree with 3 years experience in a variety of
clinical settings (i.e., home health, inpatient, physician office,
clinic, outpatient, community based); or an Associate degree in
nursing (RN) with 2 years of nursing experience; or License
Practical Nurse (LPN) with 3 years of nursing experience.
* 2 years experience in home health preferred
* Experience in healthcare education, marketing, public
relations and/or communications preferred
* Clinical experience and/or license preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English