Want to join one of the nation's best employers? Interested in
providing small and medium sized businesses with solutions that
make them grow? Do you like serving customers and care about
people? Then maybe Heartland is for you:
We're looking for team members who are excited by our mantra -
Entrepreneurs Respectfully Serving Entrepreneurs, and who want to
work in a culture built on care, focus and quality.
We need customer-focused, can-do, team-oriented folks who are ok
with having fun.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to
plan, develop, execute and automate tests to ensure product
quality. Senior QA engineer responsibilities include designing and
implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. The
Senior QA Engineer will also review system requirements and track
quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect
counts.) The Senior Engineer will work on multiple projects in a
Scrum based agile team and be responsible for supporting the
planning, design and execution of system testing. The ideal
candidate is motivated and passionate about being part of a
solution and delivering a high-quality user experience.
What will you be doing?
* Manages quality assurance projects to ensure products are
tested and validated based on customer needs and requirements.
* Work in an Agile environment
* Thorough understanding and experience working in DevOps
* Develop automated testing suites and tools for testing web
* Maintain awareness of industry trends and emergent
* Review requirements, specifications and technical design
documents to provide timely and
* meaningful feedback
* Develop and execute test plans, perform user acceptance
testing of applications on multiple applications and platforms, and
interact with business product owners and engineering to clarify
requirements and ensure on-time quality product releases.
* Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans
and test cases
* Provide mentoring and leadership to associate and intermediate
* Participate in reviews, freely giving and receiving
* Be able to receive feedback from others in the organization
including your teammates
* Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product
managers) to identify system requirements
* Attend and lead Scrum Meetings
* Present suggestions on Automation Tooling or change on process
direction to Executive Leadership teams if needed
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
What are the requirements?
* BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web
Systems, or other related degree / or relevant time in QA
* 6+ years of hands of experience working as a QA Engineer or
similar QA role
* Well versed in industry best patterns and practices around QA
* Must have solid understanding of the concepts of system,
acceptance, regression, and integration software testing as well as
quality processes, standards, and procedures.
* Experience with at least one Scripting Language/Web
* 5+ years of experience with various Testing Tools: Selenium,
Jasmine, Cucumber, RSpec, Postman
* At least 3 years of experience with DevOps Deployment
Practices: Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment /
* Excellent Working Knowledge Testing Methods: White box, Black
box, Integration testing
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse
* Ability to visualize test cases and then codify those test
cases into detailed steps that are repeatable from both a testing
and testing data perspective.
* Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
* Testing: Experience with activities, tasks, tools and
techniques for testing applications and business processes to
ensure adherence to functional and quality requirements. QA
certification or training preferred, experience desired.
* Continuous Learning: Learns quickly when facing new problems;
open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to
improvement; experiments and will try new approaches to find
solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps
the essence and underlying structure of anything.
* Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and
requirements of internal and external testing customers (end users,
interface partners, stakeholders); gets first hand customer
information and uses it for improvements in timely and accurate
completion of testing deliverables and milestones; establishes and
maintains effective relationships with application teams, business
operations and project teams and gains their trust and respect.
* Drive for Results: Self-motivated and able to take ownership
and find solutions to challenges and know when to seek guidance;
very bottom-line and results oriented; steadfastly pushes self and
others for results.
* Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve
difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all appropriate
sources for answers; can see hidden problems; possesses keen
analytical skills; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop
* Written Communication: Is able to write clearly and succinctly
in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages
across that have the desired effect.
* Flexibility: Ability to change priorities quickly and the
capacity to handle multiple tasks.
* Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management
* Excellent planning, research, and analytical skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision on complex
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin,
ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or
any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview
process should notify a representative of the Human Resources