ECMO RN Coordinator
Job Code: 1362
The ECMO RN Coordinator will be responsible for planning and
coordinating the clinical operations, technical interfaces, outcome
measures, education, and regulatory standards related to the use of
short-term support in patients with cardiac and respiratory
failure. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate
based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership
in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal
law, including protected veteran or disability status.
The ECMO RN Coordinator responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
* Serves as a resource and consultant to staff and participates
in endeavors to increase ECMO knowledge
* Assists in direct patient care by implementing, operating and
managing the ECMO system
* Sets up support systems according to case preferences and age
* Troubleshoots equipment when necessary
* Orders and maintains equipment par levels
* Ensures pump team supplies and equipment are readily available
at all times
* Serves as an educator/mentor; provides clinical instruction
and in-services on ECMO and related topics to other team members;
in-service other healthcare providers on ECMO protocols.
* Serves as liaison between Perfusion, Respiratory Care Services
and other hospital services. Communicates regularly with management
of other hospital departments in order to coordinate the various
clinical services offered by the ECMO Department in order to ensure
a coordinated program of care for patients.
* Assists with development and maintenance of policies,
procedures and clinical standards of care related to the ECMO
* Participates in Quality Improvement initiatives with
management staff to identify problem areas, research concerns and
provide possible resolutions. Ensures all activities are in
regulatory compliance with CMS, JCAHO, ELSO, hospital bylaws.
Performs activities including researching/gathering information on
issues/complaints and seeking resolution.
* Coordinates educational activities of the Extra Corporeal Life
Support Specialists, medical staff, nursing staff, patients and
families, and other allied health services to ensure that knowledge
and ability for safe and competent clinical performance of ECMO
procedures are maintained.
* Takes call for the ECMO program and assists in facilitating
transfers to IBMC, including traveling to outside facilities if
Reports to the MCS Nurse Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to
2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100
pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force
frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally):
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors):
This position may have additional or varied physical demand
and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the
Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk
Management/Employee Health for additional information.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of
membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state
or federal law, including protected veteran or disability
* Associate's Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor's Degree
* Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
Oklahoma or current multistate license from a Nurse Licensure
Compact (eNLC) member state
* 2 years of experience in the ICU or ED
* Prefer a minimum of 1 years of experience with ECMO
* Clinical leadership experience and interpersonal skills
necessary to interact with medical staff and technical