Mid-Level Software Engineer
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Oklahoma City,Oklahoma,United States6J7BP3 Join a team that is one of the world's largest providers of military airpower, serving the United States and allied nations! Boeing - Strike, Surveillance and Mobility (SSM) is continuing to expand globally with steady growth in international sales. SSM encompasses a portfolio of strike-fighter, surveillance and mobility platforms, including:
- AWACS & AEW&C
- F/A-18E/F Super Hornet
- EA-18G Growler
- F-15 Eagle
- Executive fleet aircraft. The SSM team is also responsible for the modernization and modification of several U.S. Department of Defense and international aircraft programs, including various surveillance and reconnaissance, head of state and bomber aircraft.We are seeking highly qualified mid-level software engineers to develop innovative solutions to complex problems. The selected candidate will design, develop, implement, test and document software for surveillance aircraft platforms that enables air superiority by detecting, identifying, and tracking airborne threats and providing operators intuitive battle management controls.Responsibilities:
- Requirements analysis, design, development, test, documentation, licensing, troubleshooting, and user support.
- Custom operating system development.
- Tool design and maintenance.
- Research and development projects.
- Trade studies & risk assessments.
- Support software testing including laboratory and flight testing in the US and overseas. The selected candidate may also contribute to identifying potential new work (e.g., system upgrades), preparing proposals, and software cost estimating. The ideal candidate possesses a good understanding and working knowledge of sound software development processes, including design, development, testing, and configuration management. Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world. Basic Requirements:
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Education or experience in one or more of the following; C, C++, Python, Matlab, Java or Linux.
- Experience scripting activities in a Linux or Windows environment. Other Required Qualifications:
- Must be comfortable in a highly collaborative environment (usually between multiple sites).
- Strong creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in aerospace software development in any/all parts of the life cycle from proposal development through test.
- Agile development experience. Typical Education/Experience: Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.Master of Science in computer engineering, computer science, or electrical engineering preferred. Yes, 25 % of the TimeBDS EngineeringIndividual ContributorNoNoStandardUnited States; The Boeing Company Department: Software Engineering, Boeing Defense/Space/Security, Engineering - provided by Dice Aerospace, Agile, Analysis, Configuration Management, Development, Java, Laboratory, Linux, Management, Matlab, Physics, Python, Research, Sales, Security, Software Engineer, Surveillance, Testing, Windows
Keywords: Boeing, Oklahoma City , Mid-Level Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!