Senior Technology Internal Controls Analyst
Company: Cox Communications Inc
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 19, 2021
*Primary Location: *6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Oklahoma City,
* Division: *Cox Communications
* Job Level: *Individual Contributor
* Travel: *No
* Schedule: *Full-time
* Shift: *Day Job
* Requisition Number: *202102157_18304395
* THIS ROLE PROVIDES A FLEXIBLE WORK FROM HOME SCHEDULE.*
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in
America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses
across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful
moments of human connection, not only with our products and
services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with
us and lets build a better future together.
Cox Communications is seeking a Senior Internal Controls Analyst to
assess and monitor technology risks to Cox Communications
operations and financial statements. Gather assurance and evidence
that identified IT risks are appropriately defined and mitigating
IT controls are operating effectively. Coordinate with other risk
related groups to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and
availability of financial systems and compliance with regulatory
requirements. The Senior Internal Controls Analysts will drive
business ownership of internal IT controls.
This role will report into a Senior Manager of IT Internal Controls
* Primary Responsibilities*
* Lead internal IT control assessments and monitor methodologies to
validate the presence and effectiveness of key IT controls and
ensure compliance with the Companys risk & controls matrix, COSO,
and internal policies & procedures.
* Lead and/or participate on multiple projects simultaneously
ensuring each engagement is conducted in an efficient and effective
* Define and identify control gaps and provide recommendations
(remediation / mitigation) for control process improvements.
* Identify and evaluate changes resulting from control design
certifications to include internal controls documentation and
remediation, and partner with business cycle and process owners to
implement effective solutions.
* Perform process & internal controls walkthroughs to clearly
* Responsible for the maintenance and preparation of detailed and
accurate documentation, including narratives, control descriptions,
risk & control matrices, process flowcharts, and management
responses & remediation.
* Monitor internal controls design certifications, narratives, and
control testing, communicate status to control owners, and
determine need for escalations.
* Assist internal customers with troubleshooting & resolution of
system issues/problems related to ICG tools.
* Support system implementations or changes to ensure adequate
controls are incorporated, change control guidelines are followed,
and process changes are documented.
* Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job.
(Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections
will be considered.)
* 5+ years of experience in IT Audit (external/internal), IT
controls compliance, SOX compliance or a combination of relevant
experience; 3+ years of experience with a related advanced
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
* Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation skills needed
to work effectively with teams throughout the organization.
* Critical decision making is required for project focus, approach,
recommendations, and communications.
* BA/BS in related field preferred (IS Management, Accounting,
Internal Audit, etc.)
* Professional certifications (e.g., CISSP, CIA, CISA, CPA, Six
Sigma, etc.) advantageous.
* Strong knowledge of Oracle and AuditBoard preferred.
* Cable/Telecommunication industry experience preferred.
* A strong understanding of common industry standards (ISO
27001/27002, COBIT, PCI-DSS, SOC Framework, NIST, HIPAA, etc.)
Who We Are
* About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of
human connection through broadband applications and services. The
largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six
million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to
empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse
products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics
that makes each one unique.
* About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark
since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying
true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for
growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary
divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a
new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse
broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive
transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators.
Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare
to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next
generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our
leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are
today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose
that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance
(medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid
days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness
days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be
offered, [visit our benefits
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally
engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our
applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or
send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or
charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications Inc, Oklahoma City , Senior Technology Internal Controls Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!