EXPERIENCED FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Company: VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Position Title: Experienced Field Service TechnicianDepartment:
ServiceReports to: Service ManagerVermeer Great Plains 100%
EMPLOYEE-OWNED COMPANYVermeer Great Plains is an authorized
distributor for Vermeer equipment in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Western
Missouri with five branch locations across the region. A 100%
employee-owned company, we provide dedicated sales, rentals, parts,
and service support for customers in the tree care, landscaping,
wood waste, organic recycling, underground construction, and mining
industries. POSITION FUNCTION: The Experienced Field Service
Technician is responsible for high quality and effective repair of
equipment in the field. The successful incumbent must work
independent of direct supervision. Provides excellent customer
service, maintains professionalism and ensures detailed records are
accurate and up to date.ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be committed to and take a pro-active approach to our
Company Mission, Vision and Values.
- Service, repair, assemble and recondition equipment as assigned
by the Service Manager.
- Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed.
- Perform any inspections as required.
- Repair, service or assemble any machines.
- Regularly exposed to extreme weather elements, including wet
and/or humid conditions, extreme cold and extreme heat, moving
mechanical parts and equipment, and noise level in working
environment can be moderate to high.
- Maintains complete and detailed working records.
- Maintain and care for all shop tools, machines and
- Suggest any additional repairs needed to service manager and/or
- Periodically review product bulletins.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations while performing work
assignments and adheres to all policies and procedures as specified
in Employee Handbook and set by Vermeer Great Plains.
- Help maintain cleanliness, neatness, safety, and care of
building, yard, truck, dealer supplied tools, machines and
- Stay current with technical changes, continuing your education
by factory service schools, etc.
- Accountable for following all DOT, OSHA, and established
company rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Maintain an accurate Electronic Driver's Log (EDL)
- Travel as required.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.Measure of success determined by
established company guidelines, including but not limited to
repairs completed, ability to complete repairs, time required to
complete repairs, feedback from customers, ability to take guidance
and direction from Manager professionally, and execute upon such
feedback. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or vocational training/certification
- 5+ years' experience in the same or similar industry
- Experience and knowledge with Vermeer equipment preferred
- Experience with hydraulic systems, electrical, electronics,
diagnosing and calibration required
- Valid CDL Drivers License and clean driving record required
during course of employment
- Must have mechanical/technical aptitude, safe work habits, a
good working knowledge of equipment operations and mechanical
- Need strong current electronic diagnosing capabilities and be
able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be customer service oriented, a problem solver, reliable,
ethical, and be able to adapt to the people and environment around
them - customers, suppliers, co-workers and manufacturer's
- Owns and maintains personal tools and toolbox/storage
- Communicates professionally, respectfully and honestly at all
- Must be able to lift/push/pull up to at least 50 lbs, stand,
walk, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, reach with hands and
arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear
- Background check, pre-employment drug testing and clean driving
- Candidate will be required to complete a standardized
pre-employment electrical/hydraulic knowledge assessment at initial
- Knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office applications and computer
driven diagnostic application experience required
- Personal appearance must be neat, clean and professional
- Must be able to work overtime and/or weekends as needed
- This position requires a valid CDL driver's license and ability
to meet requirements of the Company Driver Policy; Vermeer Great
Plains will review motor vehicle records annually for all employees
for whom driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function
- Bilingual a plus FLSA status: Non-exemptEOEThe above noted job
description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude
of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give a general sense of
responsibilities and expectations of position. As the nature of
business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of
Keywords: VERMEER GREAT PLAINS INC, Oklahoma City , EXPERIENCED FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!