Senior Database Administrator
Company: Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employmen
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Senior Database Administrator Oklahoma City, OK
Specialized Recruiting Group is hiring for a Senior Database
Administrator. This is a fantastic opportunity with a growing
company that offers 100% paid benefits along with growth potential.
The Senior Database Administrator job responsibilities are to
manage the Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases. Configure and
maintain database servers and processes. Monitor system's health
and performance. Ensure high levels of performance, availability,
sustainability and security. Analyze, solve, and correct issues in
real time. Requirements: Position requires a working knowledge of
database design and implementation, data replication, SQL
statements, SQL stored procedures, SQL views, SQL functions,
security, backup and restore strategies, capacity planning and
growth, data transfer, etc. Database Administrator Job
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Manage, troubleshoot and optimize replication
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Manage database access.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and
- Create automation for repeating database tasks.
- Be available for on-call support as needed. Database
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery,
and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in database administration, information
technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Relevant certifications desired
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Extensive experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL,
PostgreSQL Oracle, MongoDB)
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
Specialized Skill or Technical Knowledge
- Expert level experience with relational database design and
development (Microsoft SQL expected, Oracle tablespaces preferred),
and application and web servers.
- Expert level experience with installing, configuring,
maintaining, tuning, analyzing, and optimizing databases
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical
design and development projects
- Ability to clearly document features, technical specifications,
and infrastructure requirements for technical work and job
- Continuously monitor industry trends, technologies, and
standards and be able to research, recommend, and apply new
technologies as they emerge
- Candidate must be self sufficient and have good English oral
and written communications skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related computer field from a recognized
4 year university or relative equivalent experience required
- 4+ years relative experience required
Keywords: Specialized Recruiting Group, an Express Employmen, Oklahoma City , Senior Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!