Associate Software Engineer (AWACS Training System)
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 20, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.Training Systems is currently seeking a
Software Engineer to focus on operating system
configuration/customization, vitalization and software integration.
Training Systems is responsible for the design, manufacture,
development, and maintenance of a wide variety of commercial and
military training devices. The applicant would be primarily
supporting the ASC2 AWACS Training System platform, in Oklahoma
- Participate as a member of a high performing, collaborative
team and be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent
time-management, and interpersonal skills.
- Use agile methodologies to support all aspects of product
development and project management.
- The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to
continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions
- Scripting to support application of security settings on
Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux platforms.
- Architecting and designing systems to meet current and future
software and application requirements.
- Have the ability to work with multiple support teams to
identify and resolve issues.
- Implement and test software/systems using a variety of
technologies to include scripting to support automated
- Networking and support of Ethernet and Fiber Channel
- Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage
- Clearly communicate issues and suggest alternative paths
forwardSecurity Clearance:This position requires the ability to
obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires
US CitizenshipBasic Qualifications (Required Skills and
- Experience in fast paced environment with a multi-faceted
- 2+ year of experience in scripting activities in a Linux or
Windows environmentDesired Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- 1+ year of experience in software systems integration
- 1+ year of experience with multi-disciplined development in any
of the following areas; Flight software/firmware development, Space
hardware electrical design and engineering, Space hardware
mechanical design and engineering, System integration and
integrated system test; Systems Engineering
- Experience with the Agile Software development lifecycleTypical
Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET
accreditation is the preferred, although not required,
accreditation standard.--Travel:Occasional travel may be required
(up to 25%).RelocationThis position offers relocation based on
candidate eligibility.Drug Free WorkplaceBoeing--is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.--GeneralAll information provided will be checked and may
be verified.Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may
commence before the end date.
Keywords: Boeing, Oklahoma City , Associate Software Engineer (AWACS Training System), IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!