Business Intelligence Developer
Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 17, 2020
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Business Intelligence Developer (BID)
creates analytics content based upon specifications created by
Business Intelligence Analysts to support end users and leadership.
The BID will develop a strong understanding of the underlying data
model and is skillful in data queries and data interaction. The BID
develops paginated reports, datasets, and visualizations using
various third party tools (e.g. Crystal Reports, PowerBI, Tableau,
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsibilities listed in this section
are core to the position. Inability to perform these
responsibilities with or without an accommodation may result in
disqualification from the position.
* Meets with Business Intelligence Analysts and report requesters
to understand their data needs
* Identifies and reviews the appropriate technological solutions
for various reporting needs
* Understands the key business metrics for assigned service
* Creates reports and dashboards using third party report writing
tools such as Crystal reports, SSRS, PowerBI or Tableau
* Modifies and optimizes existing reports, as necessary
* Reviews peer reports for validity
* Tests report build in a specified testing environment and volume
testing in live environments
* Remains abreast of vendor-specific upgrades and documentation,
and determines how to implement the changes
* Remains abreast of industry best practices
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This position is subject to individual
review/management and/or integration as part of a team subject to
review/management by a representative(s) of one or both of The
Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, a constitutional
entity of the State of Oklahoma, (the University), and/or OU
Medicine, Inc., an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation ( OUMI ). By
my submission of information, I acknowledge and agree to the
exchange and sharing between the University and OUMI of any
information submitted by me, whether written or oral.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in related field and at
least 2 years of experience in reporting & analytics including at
least one year using SQL, relational databases, and integration
OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE. Four years
of experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Specific EHR
modules certification required within 3 months of class completion.
Classes will begin within first 2 weeks of hire based on class
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Healthcare IT experience preferred.
* Strong communication skills
* Critical thinking and an analytical mind
* Proficiency with SQL and relational database concepts and has
competence using related DBMS integration tools (e.g. SSIS).
* Proficiency and demonstrated experience with report writing
* Ability to gain an in depth understanding of the data model
through data model classes geared toward content areas
* Ability to understand data structures that could benefit the
entire reporting environment
* Prior experience working with an accounts receivable system or
prior experience working with an EMR system is desirable, but not
* Excellent analytical, organization, and verbal communication
* Ability to work independently and within teams.
* Ability to solve complex problems and understand customer
* Strong understanding of healthcare business process and
* Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology.
* Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfacing a plus.
* Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
* Must be able to travel in state and out of state on occasion.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Business Intelligence Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!