Electronic Data Interface (EDI) Developer III
Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Responsible for to planning, implementing and supporting business
integration applications and Electronic Data Interface (EDI)
interfaces utilizing appropriate available technologies and
development tools. Plans, tests, implements, and monitors automated
data processes. Provides technical support during and after
implementation. Utilizes technology tools to create integration and
interoperability solutions internal and external to the
organization. Mentors lower level EDI Analysts (I and II). Leads
EDI team projects and coordinates with other IT leaders and
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
Senior EDI Responsibilities
* Leads EDI team projects including cross functional teams with IT,
healthcare and vendors.
* Provides technical expertise on EDI projects for the EDI team
* Stays current on EDI industry trends including security,
development practices and best practices.
* Ensures data security through advanced knowledge of audit
logging, security protocols and VPN usage. .
* Mentors lower level EDI Analysts (I and II)
Performs Level 1 & 2 duties:
* Understands HL7 message structure, API functions and development
capabilities within the EHR environment.
* Assures that integration technologies are built and maintained in
a highly available manner.
* Plans, implements, and supports data automation, healthcare EDI
applications, and application integrations.
* Reviews vendor interface specifications and develops custom HL7
* Provides advanced troubleshooting of connections, action lists,
message structure and logging
* Responsible for FTP, sFTP communication and administration.
* Tests and verifies the EDI and integrations are performing
according to specifications and standards.
* Assures that integration functions are deployed into operational
environment in a secure manner.
* Documents interface and integration points between
* Assures that static and data in motion is secure.
* Performs detailed functional and quality testing to ensure
requirements are met.
* Works with IT stakeholders, documents and maintains EDI
* Participates in Change Management Board.
* Works with operations and clinical team to identify EDI and
integration solutions for business problems.
* Works with other IT team functions to assure compatibility with
current and future systems.
* Communicate complex systems logic in a simple manner to the
* Works with IT team to track and monitor the integration points
and interface servers.
* Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
* Performs other duties as assigned
AFFILIATE DISCLOSURE: This position is subject to individual
review/management and/or integration as part of a team subject to
review/management by a representative(s) of one or both of The
Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, a constitutional
entity of the State of Oklahoma, (the University), and/or OU
Medicine, Inc., an Oklahoma not-for-profit corporation ( OUMI ). By
my submission of information, I acknowledge and agree to the
exchange and sharing between the University and OUMI of any
information submitted by me, whether written or oral.
EDUCATION AND EDUCATION: Bachelor s degree in Computer Science,
healthcare or related field and five or more years of experience
working in healthcare IT EDI including three years of experience
with EDI development and/or interface development.
OR EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE. Four years
of experience will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor's
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Successful
completion of either Workday certification or Corepoint Coursework
required within 3 months of class completion. Classes will begin
within first 2 weeks of hire based on class availability.
CURRENT CERTIFICATIONS IN APPLICABLE AREA IS PREFERRED, either
Workday or Corepoint as follows:
Workday Interface Software: Workday Pro certification required
within 4 months of class completion.
Corepoint training completed:
Corepoint Integration Engine Level 1 & 2:Completed at least one
advanced course required within 4 months
Corepoint Integration Engine Level 3:
* Corepoint Databases
* Corepoint Web Services
* Corepoint Rev Your Engine
* Corepoint FIHR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Extensive technical knowledge and familiarity with EDI and
communication technologies and tools
* Advanced knowledge of EDI standards, including HL7, X12.
* Understands data structures within Electronic Health Record (EHR)
and ancillary applications as needed.
* Has a working knowledge of interoperability functionality of
* Understands integration of ancillary applications and has basic
understanding of their associated functionality
* Has extensive knowledge of the field's standard and best practice
concepts, policies, and procedures.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Demonstrates accuracy and attention to detail.
* Outstanding communication ability.
* Team Player.
* Ability to work with multiple personalities in a complex
* Excellent listener.
* Strong relationship building skills.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Electronic Data Interface (EDI) Developer III, IT / Software / Systems , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!