Assembly Manufacturing/Operations Supervisor - Night Shift - Data Center Cooling
Company: Nortek Air Solutions
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Assembly Supervisor - Night Shift - Data Center CoolingBusiness
Divisions:Nortek Air SolutionsTime Type:Full
TimeClassification:SalarySpecific Location:Oklahoma City,
OKBusiness Unit: Liquid Cooled SegmentJob SummaryThe Night Shift
Assembly Supervisor position reports directly to the Manager of
Manufacturing/Operations. This position is responsible for
supervising and directing employees in the manufacturing and
assembly areas. This position plans, assigns work, monitors
adherence to policies and procedures, coaches and mentors team,
recommends improvements in production processes and working
conditions.This position is responsible for the results of the
team; continuous safety focus, process and product quality,
workplace organization (5S), product delivery, and other key
performance indicators. In addition, they will also ensure that all
direct staff understand and comply with the company's defined
standard work practices and safety procedures. They will
passionately provide support and train operators in the Nortek
Production System tools and methodologies. Foster employee
involvement and communication by maintaining the Level 1 boards and
facilitate and/or lead daily meetings to provide an environment for
continuous improvement of safety and manufacturing processes.Job
- Actively present on front line 70% of time (front line
obsession), 30% administrative responsibilities
(time/attendance/interviews/discipline or coaching).
- Actively exhibits personal integrity through honesty and strong
- Actively reviews safety policies and practices within your
area(s) of responsibility and sets the expectations and involvement
of your team.
- Champions the assembly safety culture,
- Identifies and implements solutions for improvements in safety,
quality, and productivity, by utilizing strong problem-solving
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing processes by
utilizing knowledge of Operational Excellence manufacturing
- Performs root cause analysis and resolves problems identified
in the manufacturing processes.
- Exhibits skills for being a strong, team-oriented, employee
that can prioritize and perform multiple tasks as required.
- Assists in the implementation, maintenance, and compliance of
Workplace Organization (5S) in the respective areas of
- Provides supervision and leadership of the assigned assembly
line personnel, by exhibiting and positively reinforcing and the
- Builds trust and confidence within the team(s).
- Effectively communicates departmental goals and project
- Makes sound and timely decisions.
- Actively exhibits leadershipskills andsets the example for
- Actively communicates with team and interacts daily.
- Develops and fosters a sense of personal responsibility and
ownership within your team.
- Ensures that tasks are understood, monitored, and accomplished
within appropriate time constraints and quality parameters.
- Monitors line and manages data and information on Level 1
board(s) for necessary countermeasures and problem solutions.
- Coaches and mentors team leads and operators to effectively
improve processes and develop depth of talent.
- Provides coaching, counseling and/or disciplinary action(s) as
needed, per the standards set forth within company policies.
- Ensure duties are carried out in a respectful presence to all
employees, including verbal and/or written communication.
- Exhibits problem solving and troubling shooting skills to
ensure that all team members can identify root causes and take fast
effective action to resolve the problems.
- Ensure training matrix is maintained and team skills are
satisfied for current and future production demands.
- Conduct training and understanding of the Nortek Production
- Monitor use of company resources in an effective manner to
ensure best operating costs.
- Promote one-piece flow and standardized work within Oklahoma
- Reads and understands fabrication and assembly drawings and can
synthesize to others.
- Maintains time and attendance of production staff in the
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.Knowledge, Skills,
- Must have an energetic, results-oriented perspective and be
able to motive your team to sustain excellence.
- Experience in a mixed model manufacturing environment, using
- The ability to work collaboratively within a team
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and
strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical drawings and
technical specifications.Job Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years of plant level operations experience in a
high-volume / mixed -model production environment is
required.Experience serving large customers and understanding how
to meet their complex needs is preferred.5 plus years of direct
supervisory experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering,
Business Management,or other related discipline, highly
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Must be proficient inMicrosoft, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.The
ability to effectively navigate an ERP system is a plus.Who we
are:Nortek Data Center Cooling is a Madison Industries
company.Madison Industries is one of the largest and most
successful privately held companies in the world and has a robust
portfolio of indoor air quality solutions. Madison builds
entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed
to making the world safer,healthierand more productive by creating
innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value.At
Nortek Data Center Cooling, we're shaping the future by Creating a
Better Tomorrow Every Day!We are apremierHVAC company offering
energy efficient and sustainable productsand solutions that
exceedcustomer expectations through our employees' commitment to
quality, customer experience and operational excellence.Our success
depends on YOU!As a member of the NAS team:---You are the lever to
drive profitable growth and meaningful change.---You are closest to
customers/markets and understand our business.---We move
quickly.You can make the right decisions daily.---You are where
success begins and ends.---Each of you can help make us better
every day.Equal Opportunity & Non-Discrimination - Nortek Data
Center Cooling. is an equal employment opportunity and af---rmative
action employer and all quali---ed applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran
status,sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a quali---ed
individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected
by law.Nortek Air Management and its divisions offer a
comprehensive compensation and benefits package.To apply, please
visit our career site at.
Keywords: Nortek Air Solutions, Oklahoma City , Assembly Manufacturing/Operations Supervisor - Night Shift - Data Center Cooling, Hospitality & Tourism , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!