Banquets Cook 1
Company: Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Banquets Cook 1
Pay Rate: $15/hr
Job Purpose or Objective(s): The Cook 1 is an entry level position
and works under the guidance of the Sous Chef to maintains
standards established by the Executive Chef for the preparation and
presentation of food in their assigned kitchen. This includes
preparation. Tasting, presentation, and sanitation.
- Prepares various ingredients to be cooked to include washing,
chopping, slicing, and peeling of fruits and vegetables.
- Cooks food to include: baking, broiling, frying, steaming,
braising, and boiling; provides meals that are properly cooked,
tasty and visually appealing; tastes foods before serving and
provides garnishes for food plates.
- Provides high quality, fresh food to guests using standardized
recipes and methods of preparation.
- Controls the level of waste by proper production levels and
converted portion guidelines.
- Store and label prepared and open food following the Choctaw
Nation food safety guidelines
- Practices proper food storage and adheres to suitable food
- Maintains a safe, sanitary, and organized work environment by
practicing proper housekeeping procedure cleaning while
- Provides help as needed with set-up, service, and clean-up of
- Rotates stock to ensure usage and disposal occurs before the
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Food Safety Certification
- Passion for food and desire to learn
- Ability to follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Six (6) months of culinary experience required or an equivalent
combination of culinary education and experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Serve Safe Certification
- Culinary Arts Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven ability to follow instructions both written and
- Experience in a high-volume, free-standing restaurant, large
hotel, casino, or resort preferred
Job Food and Beverage
Primary Location OK-Durant
Work Locations Durant Banquets 4229 S Hwy 69/75 Durant 74701
Organization Food and Beverage
Job Posting 09/14/2022, 1:20:15 PM
Req ID: 22010489 Associated topics: appetizer, baker, breakfast,
cafeteria, commercial kitchen, diner, food preparation, grill,
restaurant assistant cook, wok cook
Keywords: Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City , Banquets Cook 1, Hospitality & Tourism , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!