RN - Medical Teaching Unit
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Role Purpose:Utilize the nursingprocess in care delivery and
provide nursing leadership for other patient
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients;
accurately and within time-frame set in policy and procedures. ?
- Utilizes critical judgment to analyze patient assessment data,
develops a plan care for each assigned patient and delegates
patient care appropriately. ???
- Implements complex and individualized nursing interventions for
each patient assigned. ???
- Evaluates the effect of nursing care and modifies interventions
based on the patient's response. ???
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and institution policies and procedures. ???
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians?
- Maintain working knowledge of hospital and unit specific
policies, protocols, and care paths. ???
- Educate patient and family based on assessed needs and
documents education provided. ???
- Acts as a clinical resource to and supervises care delivered by
LPNs and Techs.? ?Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
- Professional specialty certification required for certified
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).PreferredQualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.Physical
Requirements:Employees in this position are, or can be, required
topossess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operationAbout SSM St. Anthony'sHospital?St. Anthony Hospital is
a601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology,surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established
in 1898, is locatedin Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of
Central Oklahoma, as well as manycounties throughout Oklahoma,
through its large rural affiliate network ofhospitals. Four St.
Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergencyand
outpatient service access to the outlying communities of Business,
PremierQUEST? Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of the
metropolitan area. St.Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St.Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award forExcellence, Certified
Healthy Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St.Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher
thanlocal competitors and many national health care
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , RN - Medical Teaching Unit, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!