LPN - PRN
Company: SSM Health at Home
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Role Purpose:?Under the general direction of a staff nurse, is
responsible for providing age appropriate patient care for assigned
adult and geriatric patients with a wide variety of medical
surgical conditions. Administers medications and performs IV
therapy under the direction of the staff nurse, documents pertinent
information in patient records, and facilitates the teaching of
patients, significant others and co-workers.?Responsibilities:
- Gathers biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age
appropriate information from patients, including information on the
signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect. In conjunction with other
disciplines, assists in developing a realistic comprehensive
patient/family educational plan, using appropriate resources and
methods of instruction and providing patient/family health
- Assists in the coordination of interdisciplinary patient care
on assigned shifts, and participates in the discharge planning
- Processes physician's orders, administers medications, performs
IV therapy interventions, and documents information in medical
- Collaborates with other health professionals regarding patient
care. Identifies need for change in plan(s) of care and facilitates
the process utilizing Care Pathways when appropriate. ???
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (ADL).
- Performs nutrition activities including but not limited to
assisting with feeding patients, enteral feedings, and preparing
nourishments. Performs enemas, ostomy care, toileting, and
monitoring urinary drainage systems including inserting foley
- Assembles equipment and assists the Staff Nurse with
- Provides basic pulmonary and respiratory care to include
setting up, maintaining and operating suctioning systems, tracheal
care, setting up oxygen, assisting patients to turn cough and deep
breath (TCDB), and setting up and assisting with incentive
- Collects biological specimens to include blood, urine, stool,
and sputum, performs venous and capillary blood draws on patients,
performs blood glucose monitoring, and CoaguChek testing. ???
- Measures and records intake and output, collects fluid from
tubes and drains, weights and measures patients, measures vital
signs, reports patient's condition, sets up cardiac monitoring
equipment, performs EKGs, and sets up and performs pulse
- Changes simple patient dressings, removes staples, irrigates
wounds, applies Steri strips, and applies heat and cold. Performs
other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing: Licensed Practical
- Current Oklahoma LPN license and valid driver?s license.
- 1 to 3 years experience.
- Satisfactory completion of medication course and IV Therapy
course approved by state board of nursing.
- Must maintain and be able to produce proof of current auto
insurance with at least state required minimum coverage.
- Must have demonstrated ability to operate a motor vehicle in a
safe and lawful manner.Physical Requirements:?Employees in this
position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 400 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily.
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day.
- Running to respond to patient emergencies.
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
SSM Health at Home ??SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and
experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times.
Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or
special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is
located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Keywords: SSM Health at Home, Oklahoma City , LPN - PRN, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!