Nurse Navigator - Adult Endoscopy
Company: OU Medical System
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: October 12, 2019
Under limited direction, functions on the multidisciplinary team as
an advocate, interpreter, educator and counselor for patients.
Responsibilities listed in this section are core to the position.
Inability to perform these responsibilities with or without an
accommodation may result in disqualification from the position.
* Responsible for ensuring all patients in assigned area receive
quality and comprehensive care.
* Coordinates patient care throughout the continuum of care in
collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
* Ensures proper documentation (Orders and Authorizations) are
available and correct for each individual patient.
* Serves as a clinical resource for care management.
* Provides expert nursing care which includes direct clinical
practice, consultation, education and research.
* Uses clinical expertise and management skills to direct
patient/family education and services to ensure the delivery of
high quality care in the most family-centered, efficient and
* Communicates with all members of the team on behalf of the
* Works in collaboration with internal and external
interdisciplinary team members to achieve excellence patient
service throughout the plan of care.
* In collaboration with the management team, is responsible for
planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting staff
development related to patient/family education and quality patient
* Utilizes advanced practice expertise to propose, develop and
implement processes with the goal of improving the clinical
experience for the patient.
* Responsible for auditing all endoscopy rooms, outpatient,
recovery and anesthesia charges
* Researches problems in the Electronic Health Record and
communicates with admitting and billing personnel in correcting any
charges made in error.
* Functions in the charge audit nurse role as necessary to complete
* Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor
Degree in Nursing or relevant field, preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Four (4) years of experience as an RN in an acute care
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS/REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED: Possession of a
valid temporary license or permanent license issued by the Oklahoma
State Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse prior to entrance on
duty. Permanent license must be obtained within 3 months of
appointment. BLS (American Heart Association) certification
required upon hire. ACLS (American Heart Association) required
within 6 months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of nursing theory,
practices, techniques, procedures and standards. Knowledge of the
principles of supervising staff. Skill in planning and organizing
nursing care, applying advanced nursing clinical skills,
maintaining records and charts, preparing written reports and in
maintaining effective working relationships with others. Excellent
verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work
effectively as part of a team.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status in
accordance with applicable federal laws. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation, and training. Reasonable accommodations
are made to the known physical and mental limitations of qualified
individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: OU Medical System, Oklahoma City , Nurse Navigator - Adult Endoscopy, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!