Charge Nurse - Behavioral Health - Gero
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and provide nursing
leadership for other patient care personnel. Responsibilities:
- Coordinates all patient care activities and provides
supervision of staff RNs, LPNs, and Techs on the assigned
- Assigns and delegates the care of all patients on the unit
based on patient acuity and needs and the skill level of the
- Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge and critical thinking
skills in the performance of all aspects of the Staff RN role and
acts as a resource to all staff on the assigned unit.
- Works collaboratively with physicians and other health care
providers to deliver excellent care to all patients on the unit and
actively participates in the resolution of problems and
- Assist the nurse manager in the interview, evaluation, and
discipline processes for all staff supervised on the assigned
- Demonstrates awareness for financial performance by ensuring
unit operates efficiently and productively, specifically when
supplying and staffing the unit. Also when appropriate, provides
assistance with budget planning for the unit.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions
of this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
Nurse. Professional specialty certification required for certified
- One year of experience as a registered nurse with demonstrated
leadership ability and supervisory potential.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider). Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Physical
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 3 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital St. Anthony Hospital is
a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST-- Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , Charge Nurse - Behavioral Health - Gero, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!