RN - Surgery
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Role Purpose: Utilize the nursing process in care delivery and
provide nursing leadership for other patient care personnel.
Circulates independently on complex cases. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in the provision of care
of the perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive
preoperative assessment, planning and implementing individualized
nursing interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and
modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritize multiple complex patient and physician needs to
delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to
maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinate patient care assignments to personnel supervised,
considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used,
patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety
factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff and physicians to
anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in
response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintain and enhance professional clinical skills by seeking
out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances
in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serve as a consultant to all personnel in area (s) of nursing
expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and
- Demonstrate advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by
knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple
surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates
actions that work to improve processes the department.
- Perform other duties that correspond to the overall functions
of this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered
- Two years of advanced surgical experience.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Certification by the Association of Perioperative Registered
Nurses (AORN) as a CNOR preferred.
- ACLS preferred. Physical Requirements: Employees in this
position are, or can be, required to possess the following physical
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation. About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital St. Anthony Hospital is
a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology,
oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital,
established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves
the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout
Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals.
Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency
and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the
metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May
2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards
including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified
Healthy Business, Premier QUEST-- Award for High-value Healthcare
Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , RN - Surgery, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!