Bed Assignment Nurse
Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 19, 2019
In collaboration with Admission Case Manager, schedule daily
admissions, process transfers, verify vacancies and dismissals, and
assign beds to incoming patients. Maintain an accurate account and
listing of all available beds in the hospital.
- Fosters, participates and is knowledgeable in Shared
Accountability as defined at St. Anthony; supports and participates
in the work of depart-based council. Demonstrates responsibility
and accountability for own practice, continuing education,
competency and quality. Participate in committees, teams, councils
and work groups. ------
- Liaison between the Admitting Department and Nursing Service
regarding bed assignment procedure or problems. Coordinate bed
assignments with nursing units and nursing supervisor when a
patient requires admission to a specialty or an inappropriate unit.
Visit each nursing unit as required. ------
- Schedule patients according to physician's request for
admission. Assign beds in accordance with placement guidelines of
each nursing unit. Make necessary arrangements to transfer patients
as requested by medical staff, or at patient's request within bed
availability. -- ----
- Reviews and enforces staff physician suspension lists to ensure
compliance with hospital policy. Interpret/clarify physician orders
regarding patient placement. Enter pertinent patient information
into the computer terminal, utilizing the PAT system and relaying
the information to a nursing unit via PAT System regarding the
admission and placement of a patient.
- Function as lead in Saints First access center program
utilizing exceptional customer service to all business partners.
- In collaboration with Admission Case Manager, develop processes
to ensure that all patients meet approved admission criteria and
are placed in appropriate level of care to meet patient care needs.
Refer all inappropriate admissions to case management. ------
- Reviews daily surgery schedule and ensures all patients are
admitted to appropriate level of care and placed in the PAT system
for planning and communicating to the nursing units. Communicate
with physician and Admission Case Manager when clarification
- Monitor bed availability and communicate with Director,
Admission Case Manager, Ancillary Services, Unit Case Managers and
all ancillary services to promote patient flow. Utilize capacity
emergent messaging alert system. Enter the status on a computer
terminal regarding the need for a room to be readied. Also
communicate this information to Environmental Services utilizing
- Demonstrate personal and professional growth by keeping
informed of the latest developments and trends in healthcare,
admitting, discharge and transfer system (HBOC) plus and access
management through participation in educational programs, current
literature, in-services and workshops. Provide orientation to new
employees of the department as to own job function.--------Minimum
- Graduation from a School of Practical Nursing.
- Current registration by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.Preferred
- Two years of experience as an LPN in an accredited hospital of
300 or more bed capacity or equivalent experience.
- Additional post-secondary course work in office procedures,
business English or related courses.Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 10 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
St. Anthony Hospital -----St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed
regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology,
surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898,
is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central
Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its
large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony
Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient
service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan
area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St.
Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including
the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy
Business, Premier QUEST-- Award for High-value Healthcare Citation
of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Oklahoma City , Bed Assignment Nurse, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!