Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: February 14, 2019
General Practice opening in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. This and other optometry jobs brought to you by AlliedHealthJobCafe.com Optometry Technician job in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.The job is a civilian position within the extensive military medical system. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and clinics providing a full range of services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.Full-time hoursMonday-Friday daysHolidays offPTO - fantastic accrual ratePaid holidaysCompetitive CompensationBenefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)Optometry Technician Job Overview:
- Performs visual screening tests and assists in patient treatment.
- Processes eyewear prescriptions for military spectacles. Performs optometry clinic
- Assists the health care provider in the examination and treatment of patients by performing visual tests or procedures.
- Orders and dispenses military spectacles. Fits patients with spectacles and Instructs patients on contact lens procedures. Assists aircrew members In aviator contact lens and night vision goggle program.
- Assists flight personnel in the occupational vision program and as needed under the direction of the Optometrist.
- Records patient case history, conducts visual screening tests such as visual acuity, cover test, pupillary testing, color vision, depth perception, visual field charting, and tonometry for analysis and interpretation.hstills approved ophtha!m!c drugs.
- Performs ophthalmic functions as needed.
- Prepares patients and performs as special surgical assistant in clinical procedures.
- Administers ophthalmic drops and ointments, applies ocular dressings, performs suture removal, and obtains eye cultures.
- Takes ophthalmic photographs
- Prepares ophthalmic anesthetics and antibiotics.
- Performs periodic maintenance and cahbratlon checks on clinic diagnostic equipment.
- Reviews reports and records for accuracy and compliance.
- Reports findings and service's activities.
- Establishes or recommends optometry standards, regulations, policies, or procedures to ensure quality patient care in a safe, efficient, and effective optometry environment.
Optometry Technician Job Qualifications:Basic Life Support (BLS)At least 12 months of experience within the last 35 months as an Op TechCompletion of a basic optometry course, equivalent paraoptometric training, or a paraoptometric certification. Knowledge of ocular anatomy; ophthalmJc medications; visual physiology, optics; use and maintenance of ophthalmic instruments and testing equipment; ophthalmic and medical regulations; medical terminology; optometric technology; asepsis; ocular referrals and emergency medical treatment; patient transportation; medical ethics; medical administration; and medical service organization and function. Experience with ophthalmic med!cations, anesthetic solutions, and ocular disorders.Experience in caring for and treating optometry patients and in operating and maintaining ophthalmic equipment such as lensometers, vision screening instruments, visual field measuring instruments, tonometers, and other types of ophthalmic equipment.Experience performing or supervising ophthalmic functions such as caring for and treating patients, operating ophthalmic testing equipment, and fitting optical and ophthalmic devices. Position contingent on contract award. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Oklahoma City , Optometry Technician, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!