Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: March 16, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma CityWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:Sign-On
Bonus!2+ years experience= $10,000Less than 2 years experience=
$7,500* Sign on Bonus for Full-time New Grads and for
part-time/full-time Nurses when applicable ** Stack-able Shift
Differential Premiums additionally per hour when applicable
*Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first, and you
are valued as a team member? --We have opportunities for you in our
Med Surg areas. --We have Full-Time, Part Time and PRN positions
available on various shifts. --As a RN, you will be a vital member
of the care team for our patients, assessing and evaluating their
condition, while providing compassion and comfort. --At SSM Health,
we know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate
people like you.--Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a
quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch.
Summary:Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase
the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family,
and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality
and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate
with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to facilitate
the development of the care plan unique to the patient's care
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of
care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or potential
illness and each patient's physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and collaborating
with the patient, family, significant other(s), communities, and
members of the inter-professional team in assessing needs, setting
goals, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about
measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice setting
and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing
colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient's age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Certified Medical-Surgical Registered Nurse (CMSRN) -
Medical Surgical Nursing Certification Board (MSNCB), Certified
Medical-Surgical RN (CMSRN) - American Association of Critical-Care
Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology Nurse (OCN) - American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Certified Oncology
Nurse - Oncology Nursing Certification Corporation (ONCC),
Medical-Surgical Nurse-Board Certified (RN-BC) - American
Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN), Medical-Surgical
Nursing Certification (RN-BC) - American Nurses Credentialing
Center (ANCC), Orthopedic Nurse Certified (ONC) - Orthopaedic
Nurses Certification Board (ONCB), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of
Work Location or Compact Multi-State License, Stroke Certified
Registered Nurse (SCRN) - American Board of Neuroscience Nursing
(ABNN), Vascular Access Certification (VA-BC) - Vascular Access
Certification Corporation (VACC)Work Shift:Night Shift (United
States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:1015000040 7 ECT -
Med/SurgScheduled Weekly Hours:36SSM Health complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or
sex.Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN-Med/Surg-7ECT (Full-time/Nights), Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...