Clinical Partner II
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a calling.OK-SSM Health Bone &
Joint Hospital at St. AnthonyWorker Type:RegularJob Summary:Under
supervision and in collaboration with other health care
professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care
services for patients.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment,
reassessment and/or scheduling appointments or surgeries at
specific times for patient population. May document and provide
appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and validation
of patient s response to care or treatment and when significant
change occurs in the patient s condition.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and supplies
economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- In an inpatient environment, responsibilities may also include
the following: answers patients calls for help, takes their vital
signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for
progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating, feeding,
skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied and
unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas, ostomy care,
toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter care,
collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording intake
and output of fluids.
- In an inpatient environment, prepares patients for discharge
and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated. Orients new
patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- In an outpatient environment, manages referrals for medical and
surgical specialist appointments. Provides assistance in patient
care to patients three years of age or older.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Completion of a state approved unlicensed assist personnel
program (UAP) or meets the exempted UAP guidelines (documented
proof required) or enrolled in UAP through SSM Health upon hire or
if hired in Oklahoma/Wisconsin, completion of the Clinical Partner
I orientation checklist during 90 day orientation/probationary
- No experience required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90
days - American Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Night Shift
(United States of America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:102#######
BJH Joint CenterScheduled Weekly Hours:36SSM Health complies with
applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or
sex.Learn more here Associated topics: biopharma, diet, disease,
drug development, drug discovery, histotechnologist, immuno
oncology, immunology, nephrology, pharmacometrics
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Clinical Partner II, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!