RN - Emergency Room Float Pool
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Healthplex Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: Sign on Bonus Our
mission and values put the patient first and helps you to feel
valued while respecting teamwork and collaboration. We have RN
opportunities for you in our Emergency Departments. These positions
are full time with benefits and earn an additional differential to
float to all of our ER locations: OKC Main, Midwest, Shawnee,
Healthplex East, Healthplex South, Healthplex North and Healthplex
West. As a Registered Nurse, you will be a vital member of the care
team for our patients, assessing and evaluating their condition,
while providing compassion and comfort. At SSM Health, we know the
healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
you. Daily Pay : Get paid daily doing the work you love in a way
that fits your life. At SSM Health St Anthony, we believe you
deserve the flexibility to work a schedule that fits your life and
to get paid when you need it. Sign on bonuses are for external
qualified candidates. Internal candidates, please check with your
recruiter to see what options are available for you .Job
Summary:Provides direct nursing care in settings where patients
require complex assessments and intervention, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing EXPERIENCE
- No experience required PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) -
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy
Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American
Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work
Location or Compact Multi-State License, Trauma Nursing Core Course
(TNCC) - American Heart Association (AHA), Trauma Nursing Core
Course (TNCC) - Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)Work
Shift:Evening Shift (United States of America) Job Type: Employee
Department: Float Pool-ED Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 SSM Health
complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Emergency Room Float Pool, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!