RN - Behavioral Health - Nights
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital Midwest Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: With SSM
Health St. Anthony Midwest you will have the opportunity to make a
positive impact on patient lives. Our mission and values put the
patient first and helps you to feel valued while respecting
teamwork and collaboration. Our mission is simple, "Through our
exception healthcare services, we reveal the healing presence of
God". Apply now and help us live out our mission each day. Job
Summary:Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients
in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
facility. Job Responsibilities and Requirements: PRIMARY
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient s age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life
Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association
(AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work Location or Compact
Multi-State LicenseWork Shift:Night Shift (United States of
America) Job Type: Employee Department: 120 # ADULT MENTAL HEALTH
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 SSM Health complies with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more
here Associated topics: care unit, domiciliary, intensive care,
intensive care unit, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical, psychatric,
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Behavioral Health - Nights, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!