RN - ER Healthplex South
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Healthplex Oklahoma City Tulsa Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights:
Sign on Bonus Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come
first and you are valued as a team member? This position is full
time nights, 7p - 7a, working in our Emergency Room at our
Healthplex South location off I-44 & SW 134th. As a Registered
Nurse, you will be a vital member of the care team for our
patients. At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate people like you.Not ready to apply? Click
here to fill out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will
be in touch. Sign on bonuses are for external qualified candidates.
Internal candidates, please check with your recruiter to see what
options are available for you . Job Summary:Provides direct nursing
care in settings where patients require complex assessments and
intervention, in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization. Job Responsibilities
and Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health care
consumer's health and/or situation.
- Triages each health care consumer utilizing age,
developmentally appropriate, and culturally sensitive practices to
prioritize and optimize health care consumer flow, expediting those
health care consumers who require immediate care.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnosis or
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the
health care consumer or the situation.
- Implements, coordinates, and educates, to promote health and a
safe practice environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting
and the profession.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflect current nursing
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to Emergency Nursing practice,
ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient's
age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC) -
American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation
Program (NRP) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal
Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy
Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American
Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse (RN) - State of Work
Location or Compact Multi-State License, Trauma Nursing Core Course
(TNCC) - American Heart Association (AHA), Trauma Nursing Core
Course (TNCC) - Emergency Nurses Association (ENA)Work Shift:Night
Shift (United States of America) Job Type: Employee Department:
Healthplex South ER Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36 SSM Health complies
with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate
on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or
sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - ER Healthplex South, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!