Charge Nurse (RN) Med Surg - Nights, Sign on bonus!
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital MidwestWorker Type:RegularJob Highlights:We are currently
seeking an experienced RN for a Charge Nurse role on the night
shift.Are you wanting to work in a healthcare setting where you are
treated like family and not just another employee? Are you looking
for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? With
SSM Health St. Anthony Midwest that is not just a saying but truly
our culture! Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick
interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in touch. " Job
Summary:Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while
ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient
care.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support
staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure quality
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, developing
and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- One year of registered nurse experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - American
Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) -
American Heart Association (AHA), Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) - American Academy Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life
Support (PALS) - American Heart Association (AHA), Registered Nurse
(RN) - State of Work Location or Compact Multi-State LicenseWork
Shift:Night Shift (United States of America)Job
Type:EmployeeDepartment:100####### 6M MED/SURGScheduled Weekly
Hours:36SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights
laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex.Learn more here Associated
topics: bsn, domiciliary, hospice, infusion, intensive, intensive
care unit, maternal, nurse rn, registered nurse, transitional
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Charge Nurse (RN) Med Surg - Nights, Sign on bonus!, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!