Surgical Tech - Specialty - Cardio
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingOK-SSM Health St. Anthony
Hospital - Oklahoma City Worker Type: Regular Job Highlights: SIGN
ON BONUSUp to 10,000 sign on bonus for experienced techs!Looking
for a surgical tech opportunity where patients come first and you
are valued as a team member? This position is Full-Time working
Cardiovascular. As a Surgical Specialty Tech, you will be a vital
member of the care team for our patients. At SSM Health, we know
the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people like
you.Job Summary:Performs patient care activities as assigned to
assist the registered nurse or physician. Job Responsibilities and
Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Anticipates and plans individualized care for the patient based
on advanced knowledge of the surgical case and anticipates
unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Assists surgical cases by running the table and assisting the
surgeon at an expert level on all types of specialty cases
utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis, infection control,
universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintains an orderly and organized work environment and takes
responsibility for the maintenance and care of all specialty
equipment and assists the team to meet both quality and efficiency
- Prioritizes effectively, implements high level problem solving
skills and performs in a coordinated manner when delivering care in
high stress environments.
- Demonstrates expertise in the operation and function of all
instrumentation and equipment for all cases in specialty area.
- Maintains all specialty instrument sets, demonstrating
understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and acts as a
resource and mentor to non-specialty staff on specialty equipment
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- Two years' surgical technician experience, with one year in a
related specialtyPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.Licenses / Certifications:Basic Life Support
HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA),
FUTURE - Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) within 90
days - American Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Day Shift (United
States of America) Job Type: Employee Department: Surgery Scheduled
Weekly Hours: 40 SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil
rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, age, disability or sex. Learn more here
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Surgical Tech - Specialty - Cardio, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!