PRN Nurse Practitioner, Critical Care
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Highlights: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital is seeking a
Critical Care Nurse Practitioner to join our talented team of
multidisciplinary providers on a PRN basis. Ideal candidates will
be certified Acute Care Nurse Practitioners, will have experience
in critical care (including line placement) and will be dedicated
to providing exceptional, compassionate care for Oklahomans. SSM
Health St. Anthony has created a practice model that affords
providers an interesting mix of cases, manageable volumes, and the
opportunity to expand your skills in critical care. Opportunity
- Competitive Pay & Excellent Benefits
- Flexible PRN, Employed Position
- Combined Service (Medical and Surgical)
- 36 ICU Beds - Located at SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
- Night Shift Includes 1 Intensivist & 1 NP
- Using Epic for EMR
- Comprehensive Hospitalist Service SSM Health in Oklahoma
Oklahomans are known for their commitment, compassion and care. As
Oklahomans ourselves, we promise to deliver those same values to
every person who steps through our doors. You can trust that when
you're here, you're heard. You're prayed with, and you're
understood. Because that's how healing happens - through the power
of presence. We are Saints in Action. Here for Oklahoma. Job
Summary: In collaboration with physician colleagues, demonstrates
and provides professional nursing care to patients requiring an
advanced level of knowledge and management of their nursing care in
both inpatient and ambulatory settings. Job Responsibilities and
Requirements: PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patient of any age presenting for health care and
obtains a personal medical history, appropriate physical
examination with recording of the resulting information.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative
to patient s age-specific needs.
- Addresses and responds to patient and staff requests for
information in a timely manner, prioritizing patient requests and
- Plans for patient care by making comprehensive clinical
decisions based on advanced diagnostic skills and professional
judgment, reviewing results of diagnostic tests and procedures,
developing and implementing a treatment plan for the patient and/or
family, and providing a wide range of interventions required to
- Problem solving skills demonstrated by making competent
advanced clinical decisions, utilizing appropriate resources,
consulting with physician, as appropriate, and involving management
- Maintains effective methods of formal and informal
communication with staff so that dissemination of
information/administrative decisions are conveyed in a positive and
supportive manner; motivates and supports staff to achieve
department/contractual goals and operational benchmarks.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient s transition within and between health
care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making
appropriate referrals. Facilitates referral of patients to other
appropriate community healthcare facilities, agencies and
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by
providing educational tools.
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities to act as a change agent
by introducing nursing practice innovations.
- Evaluates nursing practices associated with specialty area,
defines needs/problems with patient care and makes constructive
suggestions that creates a positive patient outcome.
- Promotes positive health behaviors and self-care skills through
education and/or counseling.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned EDUCATION
- Master's degree from nationally accredited Nurse Practitioner
- One year nursing experience PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. Licenses / Certifications: Advanced
Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - State of Work Location Work
Shift: PRN / Per Diem Shift (United States of America) Job Type:
Employee Department: Bruno Politano NP
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 0 SSM Health complies with applicable
Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , PRN Nurse Practitioner, Critical Care, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!