RN, Behavioral Health - Adult Unit
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you
are valued as a team member? This position is part time, 7a - 7p,
working on our Adult Unit at our south campus. As a RN, you will be
a vital member of the care team for our patients, assessing and
evaluating their condition, while providing compassion and comfort.
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate people like you.Not ready to apply? Click here to
fill out a quick interest form and a nurse recruiter will be in
direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance
with the established policies and procedures of the
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patients age-specific needs
and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN, Behavioral Health - Adult Unit, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!