Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Uses the nursing process in care delivery and provides nursing
leadership for other patient care personnel. Circulates
independently on complex cases.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in providing care for the
perioperative patient by completing a comprehensive preoperative
assessment, planning and implementing individualized nursing
interventions and evaluating the effectiveness of care and
modifying interventions as needed.
- Prioritizes multiple complex patient and physician needs to
delegate and coordinate the care provided by the surgical team to
maximize patient outcomes.
- Coordinates patient care assignments to personnel supervised,
considering staff competencies, patient population, equipment used,
patient condition, environmental factors, infection control, safety
factors and availability of direct/indirect supervision.
- Communicates effectively with patients, staff and physicians to
anticipate needs and develop and implement actions to be taken in
response to complaints related to patient care processes.
- Maintains and enhances professional clinical skills by seeking
out learning situations and remaining abreast of current advances
in nursing techniques and technologies.
- Serves as a consultant to all personnel in area(s) of nursing
expertise. Teaches and mentors other less-experienced RNs and
- Demonstrates advanced clinical judgment as evidenced by
knowledge of complex nursing interventions required in multiple
surgical specialty areas.
- Exhibits willingness to take on special projects and initiates
actions that work to improve processes within the department.
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
- Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her
response to the current and evolving health and nursing needs of
our patients and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing EXPERIENCE
- Two years' advanced surgical experience PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN-Surgery II, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!