Medical Assistant (Hospital)
Company: Comfort Keepers
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionMake more than a living!What if you could have a
rewarding career helping others while working for a company that
genuinely cares about you?CK Healthcare Staffing - a division of
Comfort Keepers - is seeking qualified individuals for our Medical
Assistant position. This hospital based role represents an
essential function in meeting the needs of our community and we
want to create an exciting, challenging working environment for you
that is fulfilling and recognizes your talent.At CK Healthcare
Staffing, you are more than just an employee! We work hard to
ensure that your work experience and job fulfillment is unmatched -
and to reward you for your dedication, we've designed a benefits
package that supports your emotional, physical, and social
well-being.If you are ready to begin an exciting career with CK
Healthcare Staffing, apply today!COVID Protocol: The pandemic has
not stopped us from hiring amazing individuals to join our care
team and we take every precaution to ensure your safety. Along with
personal protective equipment, you will be provided with the most
up to date, thorough training possible so that you will be at east
and safe when you care for your patients.Job Benefits:
- Competitive pay with opportunity for sign-on bonus, referral
bonus and mileage!
- Flexible, regularly available shifts / hours
- Health and Dental Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Program
- Supportive and rewarding work environment
- Growing company with opportunity for developmentTake the first
step toward an exciting career with Comfort Keepers! Apply
- Assists physician or other medical personnel in the examination
process as required or necessary. Performs order entry to
electronic medical records, i.e., prescription refills, lab orders,
radiology orders, etc.
- Places patients in exam rooms. Drapes and positions patients
for appropriate exams or procedures. Assists in restraining or
controlling patients (infants, children, geriatrics, etc.).
- Performs routine tests on patients such as audiograms, vision,
spirometer, EKG, rapid strep, urinalysis, and urine pregnancy
tests. Assists with cardiovascular stress tests, fetal nonstress
tests, and OB ultrasounds.
- Obtains and records vital signs including body temperature,
height, weight, and blood pressure. Takes and documents complaints
and patient histories including allergies, immunization histories,
etc. Maintains patient confidentiality. Receives and returns
telephone calls from or to patients and pharmacies. Obtains
authorizations and referrals.
- Performs various nursing duties such as suture removal, casting
and steri strip applications, administration of injections,
venipunctures, breathing treatments, ultrasound therapy, and
hydrocollator therapy. Assists with both surgical and nonsurgical
- Chaperones examinations and patients.
- Responsible for stocking exam rooms, taking inventory, ordering
supplies, and sterilizing instruments and/or equipment.
- Makes scheduling arrangements with other healthcare
professionals and facilities.
- Performs various duties as needed to successfully fulfill the
function of the position. Position Requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED and graduated from accredited medical
- BLS (American Heart Association) Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Medical Assistant
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- At least one year experience in a hospital setting. Apply
Today!CK Healthcare Staffing is strongly considering candidates
with previous experience as a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical
Nurse, Certified Nurse Assistant, Certified Medication Aide,
Medical Assistants and others with experience in hospital or
facility settings. An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, CK Healthcare Staffing considers applicants for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender,
national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any
legally protected status. We will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship.By applying to this position, you
understand that we may contact you via SMS text message, in which
data rates may apply. Should you want to apply, but are not willing
to accept text messages, please call our office directly.Powered by
Keywords: Comfort Keepers, Oklahoma City , Medical Assistant (Hospital), Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!