Surgical Specialty Tech - CV
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Performs the role of surgical specialist in the surgery
department and perform patient care activities as assigned to
assist the Staff Registered Nurse or Physician.PRIMARY
- Anticipate and plan individualized care for the patient based
on advanced knowledge of the surgical case and anticipate
unexpected patient and surgeon needs.
- Perform in the surgical technologist role, both running the
table and assisting the surgeon at an expert level on all types of
specialty cases utilizing the principles of surgical asepsis,
infection control, universal precautions and life safety.
- Maintain an orderly and organized work environment and take
responsibility for the maintenance and care of all specialty
equipment and assist the team to meet both quality and efficiency
- Prioritize effectively, implement high level problem solving
skills and perform in a coordinated manner when delivering care in
high stress environments.
- Demonstrate expertise in the operation and function of all
instrumentation and equipment for all cases in specialty area.
- Maintain all specialty instrument sets, demonstrating
understanding of appropriate sterilization methods and act as a
resource and mentor to non-specialty staff on specialty equipment
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of technical program for operating room
- Two years surgical technician experience, with one year in a
specialty areaPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling. Associated topics: cardiac, cst, cvor, operating
room technician, relief, sje, surgical, surgical core technician,
surgical technologist, technologist
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Surgical Specialty Tech - CV, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!