Medical Lab Tech (MLT / MLS) - Blood Bank
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SSM Health is pleased to offer a $10,000 sign on bonus for
qualified candidates!Sign-on Bonus terms will be discussed during
recruiting process, there is a required 2 year commitment of
service.This is a Full-time, Evening Shift Role. SSM Health is
seeking a Certified Medical Lab Scientist to join our team. Please
note, qualified candidates must either already be certified or in
the process of certification as SSM Health requires accreditation
within six months of hire.We offer competitive pay, comprehensive
benefits and insurance and shift differentials for working specific
shifts (evenings, nights, weekends). Our mission and values put the
patient first and helps you to feel valued while respecting
teamwork and collaboration.Our MLT/MLS roles are an integral piece
in our care team and we see it as a partnership. At SSM Health, we
know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people
like you. If you are interested in becoming a part of our team,
please apply today! Under general direction interprets and reports
test results. Performs routine and complex technical laboratory
analyses using established procedures and protocols. Performs
chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for
use in diagnosis and treatment of patients.Job DescriptionPRIMARY
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood
tests to more complex tests.
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to
- Escalates unusual, critical or abnormal results.
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers and precision
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures.
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing
established preventive maintenance procedures.
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test.
- Evaluates new testing methods.
- Operates, maintains, calibrates and troubleshoots
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials.
- Maintains competencies and continuing education to keep
informed of new developments in field.
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience and
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , Medical Lab Tech (MLT / MLS) - Blood Bank, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!