Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FT Nights - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - LPN / LVN
Company: Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FT Nights - Oklahoma City,
OklahomaDescriptionMercy Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City
South is the second rehab hospital in OKC that is a joint venture
between Mercy and Kindred Healthcare. --It is a 36-bed
rehabilitation hospital located in the southern part of the city
and will serve patients recovering from strokes and other long-term
illnesses or injuries and feature specialized clinical programs.
This Licensed Practical Nurse position will work for both the Mercy
Rehabilitation Hospital Oklahoma City South and Mercy
Rehabilitation Hospital North. JOB SUMMARY: Provides patient care
services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects
of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family;
provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility
indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a
registered nurse. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct
administration based on the age and clinical condition of the
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following
correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the
standard of care for patient's age; includes geriatric and general
inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment
on all patients and reassessments as per policy.-- Identifies and
initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient's needs
and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for
effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly
based on changes in patient's condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves
patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain.--
Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques.-- Educates the
patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/
health care errors. Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited licensed practical/ vocational nurse
- Current state licensure as Licensed Practical/Vocational
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- IV Certified required or obtained within 6 months highly
- Minimum six months' Medical/Surgical experience in an acute
care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal
Keywords: Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, Oklahoma City , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FT Nights - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - LPN / LVN, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!