RN - PRE-OP/PACU
Company: The Dean A. McGee Eye Ins
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSummaryThe RN provides patient care in the pre-op
and PACU setting, directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and
physical needs of the patient. The RN serves as a resource, teacher
and patient advocate. The care given reflects initiative and
strives to; maintain a steady level of productivity. The RN is a
self-starter, a compatible and supportive team player.
Communication with patients and colleagues is professional and in a
manner that reflects the mission, ethics and goals of
MESC.Education RequirementsAssociates Degree or higher in Nursing.
Oklahoma State registered Nurses License-current and in good
standing.ACLS and PALS certification within one year of
hiring.Experience 2 years of experience in Pre-op/PACU or
Outpatient surgery experience preferred. Essential Functions
- Knows and adheres to accepted standards of nursing, policies,
procedures, goals and objective for patient care from admit to
discharge. This includes ACLS and PALS protocols.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to administer
medications (all routes).
- Demonstrates proficiency at starting IV's and performing CLIA
- Possesses necessary skills to perform emergency procedures as
needed, as evidenced by current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Adequately prepares area prior to patient arrival in both
pre-op and PACU. Has available all necessary supplies, equipment
- Performs through patient interview, including name, NPO status,
allergies, past medical history, surgeon, and procedure and
prepares the patient appropriately.
- Consistently reviews medical record for completeness and
accuracy. This includes confirming operative site with patient,
helping patient fill-out and complete required paperwork, insuring
surgeon signs consent form and history and physical is in the
- Provides pre-op and post-op care to patient following physician
- Provides discharge instructions to the patient and their
responsible adult, following surgeons orders.
- Prepares the pre-op and PACU areas for the next day by
restocking, setting up cubicles and reporting items that are not
available to the nurse manager and/or materials manager.
- Works to maintain a safe patient care environment.
- Is able to use the computer utilizing the following programs:
MS Outlook and MS Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal
internally and externally.
- Attention to Detail and Follow-up.
- And other tasks as needed by the nurse manager. Physical
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds without assistance frequently
and 40 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to climb a step stool, stoop, kneel and reach above
head to stock supplies.
- Ability to be up standing 60% of day and to navigate throughout
multiple clinical areas. The Dean McGee Eye Institute is an Equal
Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Keywords: The Dean A. McGee Eye Ins, Oklahoma City , RN - PRE-OP/PACU, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!