Medication Technician - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Clinic
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Medication Technician - Oklahoma City, OklahomaPURPOSE AND
SCOPE: Promotes quality patient care, ongoing customer support and
case management for Fresenius Medical Care (FMCNA) renal patient
population (internal and external) by providing guidance, support,
care coordination, education and other resource coordination
functions as defined by the pertinent program. Manages the
implementation of the pertinent program as assigned while acting as
the subject matter expert and resource for patients, dialysis
staff, and other healthcare professionals. Services are provided
telephonically and in person on-site visits to clinics, medical
office, hospital are required. The position also coordinates
activities with physicians, physician offices, dialysis facilities,
and pharmacies to ensure that patients' medication profiles are
accurately completed and that patients receive their necessary
medications and medication refills in a timely manner.PRINCIPAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of registered nurse, takes the appropriate
actions to ensure the accuracy of patient medication files for
enrolled or prospective patients and the accurate fulfillment of
prescriptions for FKC patients.
- Under the supervision of Registered Nurse, assists FKC clinic
staff with medication management tasks such as benefit
investigation, submission and receipt of patient authorization,
contacts patients, physicians, physician offices, dialysis
facilities, and other pharmacies regarding the accuracy and
fulfillment of prescriptions FKC patients.
- Ensures that patient medication profiles are accurate and sent
in a timely manner.
- Ensures that patient prescription needs are met in a timely
- Speaks with physicians or nurses to verify correct information
about a specific prescription.
- Regularly requests prescriptions and refills from dialysis
clinic staff and physicians by telephone and/or facsimile. Follows
up as necessary to ensure the timely receipt of new
- Contacts pharmacies to execute patient medication
- Familiar with pharmacy operations at all Fresenius Rx
locations, including outsourcing operations.
- Coordinates the evaluation and enhancement of pharmacy
enrollment and utilization tracking tools.
- Communicates regularly with other teams such as nutrition
services, social work services, quality and operations, obtaining
feedback and analyzing the recommendations made to contribute to
the resolution of related issues and create positive outcomes.
- Adheres to company, department, program policies and clinical
guidelines to identify, review, assess and allocate patients for
program participation according to their identified needs.
- Maintains and updates the appropriate software/tracking logs of
patients in the program to manage and record required information
- Complies with departmental and program quality standards and
quality assessment and performance improvement requirements.
- Maintains integrity of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Complies with all company and departmental required data
collections and auditing activities.
- Acts as a resource for the customer to address concerns and
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Participates in project-based assignments.
- Maintains current knowledge of the departmental program
software and the company's clinical information systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND
WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job.-- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel and visits to clinics, patient homes, and physicians'
offices is required by program.SUPERVISION:
- NoneEDUCATION AND REQUIRED CREDENTIALS:
- High School Diploma required, Associate Degree desirable
- Patient Care Technician, Medical Assistant or Medical
Technician Certification desirable.EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 1 - 2 years' dialysis or medical practice experience.
- Excellent customer service, communication, organizational and
interpersonal skills required.
- Understands the importance of and demonstrates a customer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented with the ability to enter information
accurately on paper and into a database system.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience using
Microsoft Office.-- Proficient to advanced typing skills.
- Develops a working knowledge of standard medical abbreviations
and medical terminology.
- Able to follow oral and written communication, as well as
communicate information to individuals or groups with varying
levels of education.EO/AA Employer:
Identity---- Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a
drug-free workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Oklahoma City , Medication Technician - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Clinic, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!