Certified Nursing Assistant
Company: MHR-JASMINE ESTATES OF OKLAHOMA CITY
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionCertified Nursing Assistant SUMMARY: The
Caregiver is responsible for providing professional, compassionate,
and quality care for all residents. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Implements and supports resident care plan. Assists residents
with activities of daily living (ADL's). Promptly responds to all
resident care needs.
- Provides for the residents' physical care including
transferring in and out of beds, baths, wheelchairs, and/or
automobiles, bathing, performing hygiene tasks, toileting,
assisting with meals, and other tasks.
- Changes bed linens, washes and irons resident's laundry, and
maintains tidiness of residents' bedrooms, closets, and dresser
drawers. Assists with resident room, bathroom, and common area
cleanliness, overall facility, and other housekeeping duties as
- Takes and records, at predetermined intervals, vital signs such
as temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, and blood pressure and
measures intake as needed. Collects sputum, urine, and stool,
discharge drainage and other specimens as ordered. Monitors
residents for changes in condition and reports changes to
leadership, if delegated to do so by licensed nurse.
- Facilitates and/or participates in resident group activities
and resident care conferences. Supports new resident welcome and
- Engages residents in meaningful conversation and activities
related to their individual interests.
- Completes incident reports for any incidents occurred on
- Responds to all emergency situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6-12 mos. experience in the Healthcare industry preferred.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred.
- Must complete 12 hours of continuing education – provided
through community in-services.
- Must be fluent in English and have the ability to read and
interpret documents such as resident care plan, safety rules,
operating procedures, policies and employee manuals.
- Ability to complete incident reports and basic documentation as
- Must work with other staff towards overall resident care.
- Ability to report to work at least 15 minutes early to conduct
a "walk-through" with previous shift personnel.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand, stoop, bend, lift, and walk regularly,
occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: MHR-JASMINE ESTATES OF OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma City , Certified Nursing Assistant, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!