RN - Cardiac Stepdown/Telemetry
Company: SSM Health
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 14, 2022
** Sign on bonus eligible to qualified candidates**
Looking for a RN opportunity where patients come first and you are
valued as a team member? - This position is full time working days
7a - 7p on our Cardiac Telemetry unit. - As a RN, you will be a
vital member of the care team for our patients. - At SSM Health, we
know the healing power of presence begins with compassionate people
Not ready to apply? Click here to fill out a quick interest form
and a nurse recruiter will be in touch. "Licensed new graduate
nurse from an accredited nursing program who actively participates
in SSM Health New Graduate Nurse Residency Program. Provides
professional nursing care to patients, which includes assessing,
planning, implementing, coordinating, delegating and monitoring
tasks assigned to other members of the care team in accordance with
professional nursing standards. Responsible for the delivery of age
appropriate care for assigned patients with a wide variety of
medical conditions.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs specialized tasks based on demonstrated competence to
provide nursing care for patient population served.
- Performs patient assessments including biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation including, but not
limited to, the processing of physician orders, in accordance with
policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing
care given by team members based on patient needs and professional
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care. -
- Completes competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Completes training as required; seeks assistance and asks
questions as needed to learn and understand regulations, standards
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. -
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- No experience required
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Oklahoma City , RN - Cardiac Stepdown/Telemetry, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!