Hospital Clinical Liaison (RN or LPN required) - $1,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Valir Rehabilitation Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Clinical Liaison is responsible for identifying, building, and
maintaining key relationships with outside providers and
collaborating with the interdisciplinary team to ensure appropriate
patients are admitted to Valir Rehab Hospital. The Clinical Liaison
serves as the direct point of contact to coordinate smooth
transitions from their current level of care to Valir
Rehabilitation Hospital. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain positive relationships with external
providers including physicians, case managers, home health
providers, and other potential referral sources by providing
education on the benefits of inpatient rehabilitation for their
- Work autonomously to create and implement a territory
management and marketing plan that efficiently covers the assigned
- Increase referral volume and customer satisfaction within the
- Communicate clear and accurately all information needed for
- Obtain complete and accurate medical records from referring
- Reviews medical records to determine appropriateness of
patients referred to Valir Inpatient Rehab Hospital per CMS
- Complete required admission paperwork required in a timely
manner per CMS guidelines.
- Collaborate with physicians, nursing management, therapy
management and other interdisciplinary team members to ensure that
patients are appropriate for inpatient rehabilitation prior to
admission and assists in developing initial plans of care.
- Interview patients at bedside to determine prior level of
function and potential barriers to discharge.
- Provide bedside education on inpatient rehabilitation to
patients and family members at bedside or via phone in order to
educate on inpatient rehabilitation requirements and ensure a
smooth transition between levels of care.
- Collaborate with internal staff to improve processes as
- Participate in marketing meetings and communicates changes
within the market.
- Complete weekly marketing reports
- Provide patient outcome data to referral sources after patient
- Triage patient calls and responds to patient problems.
- Meet CMS /Joint Commission standards regarding patient
admission to inpatient rehabilitation.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant compliance issues,
laws, and regulations through periodicals, seminars, training
programs, and peer contact.
- Coordinate with nursing & admissions to determine appropriate
bed assignments, including the use of external transportation
services when needed and appropriate.
- Provide in-services and continuing education to referral
sources as appropriate to ensure new services and products are
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.--
Knowledge of the governmental laws and regulations governing health
care at the IRF level of care-- Maintains a high degree of
credibility, independence, integrity, confidentiality and trust.--
Responds to patient emergencies including the use of CPR.--
Maintains patient confidentiality.-- Makes responsible decisions
within scope of dependent medical practitioner.-- Ability to work
collaboratively with members of the health care team. Education,
Licenses, Certifications and Experience:
- Clinical License in the State of Oklahoma Required - LPN, RN,
RT, PT, OT, or STpreferred
- 1-2 years Clinical Liaison or marketing experience preferred
- Ability to speak, hear, and read English.
- Lift up to 20lbs. from floor to 36" and from 36" to 64"
- Walk up to .25 miles (occasional)
- Sustained forward bending in sitting (occasional)
- Push/Pull up to 75 lbs of force at 36" (occasional)
- Repetitive squat motion (occasional)
- Ability to stand (constant), sit (occasional), sustained squat
(occasional), kneeling (occasional)
- Full body range of motion (constant)
- Front carry - two handed carry of 25lbs. up to 20 feet
- Balance (occasional) in walking, standing, carrying, moving
patients, and equipment, etc. Safe Environment:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Hospital specific and individual role
in the fire/safety program including the following management
plans: safety, security, hazardous materials/waste, emergency
preparedness, life safety, medical equipment and utility
- Participate in the Hospital policies and procedures relating to
infection control for self, patients, and staff.
- Observe proper body mechanics and safety precautions in all job
- Communicate information about incidents involving self,
patients, staff and/or visitors to appropriate parties, using
facility incident reporting systems as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
situation. Growth & Development:
- Attend and participate in all applicable training and
development workshops including mandatory annual
- Actively identify and participate in training, education and
developmental activities to improve own knowledge and performance
or the knowledge and performance of others.
- Seek and use feedback to improve own performance
- Develop professional and personal growth by utilizing community
and professional resources.
Keywords: Valir Rehabilitation Hospital, Oklahoma City , Hospital Clinical Liaison (RN or LPN required) - $1,000 Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!